Wednesday 5 June 2019

Wednesday, 05-06-19

Good morning.

The smoked salmon and broccoli quiche looked good when I cooked it earlier in the morning . . .


















. . . and made an absolutely delicious lunch.  Definitely a do-again-er.












Dinner was OK-ish.  The broccoli was nice, as were the runner beans and the sauce.  However, the meatballs were dry and bland, even with the sauce, and I've decided I don't like roasted butternut squash very much. 

What's left won't waste;  I will use the lattices in casseroles and soups.



I'm now out of the bbq-ish sauce so I think I will be making more soon.



Today's food plans:
B:  bacon and egg roll, tomatoes and mushrooms
One healthy B for the roll

L:  it's damp and dull and none too warm so I shall make a batch of the SW soup - the kind out of cans and pickled onions that sounds awful but tastes great.  I'll add some quark to today's portion for protein and to make it taste 'creamy'
SW free.

D:  Jackburger, salad and coleslaw
This is the famous Jack Monroe carrot, cumin and kidney bean burger of which I have several in the freezer.  Topping it, I will make a sauce of onion, pepper, mushroom and tomato with a bit of balsamic vinegar.  Veg will be a salad and some coleslaw.
A couple of syns for the mayo and half a syn for the flour in the burgers.

Ss:  sparky water

Body Magic:  a walk (if I feel like it)

6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, that quiche looks absolutely scrumptious, and I love your individual cooking dishes. Minced turkey can be very disappointing, can't it, it certainly needs a lot of flavouring and definitely needs some kind of fat to make it much less dry, which kind of defeats the object of using it in the first place doesn't it. How our tastes differ - I love roasted butternut squash! I don't like runner beans, however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quiche was gorgeous and so simple to make too. The smoked salmon imparts such a delicious flavour and the baked camembert dish is just the perfect size. It didn't stick either!
      You're right about turkey mince. I like it in a savoury mince because you can add all the extra flavours and I might give it one more go as a burger/meatball and add some cheese to the mix for both flavour and a bit of fat. One more chance.
      I love roasted sweet potato but no, not the squash so much.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I like to roast squash and then turn it into soup - it's a bit watery and disappointing as a veg to me. I have to say I'm very intrigued by the idea of a soup made with pickled onions - did I read that right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! It's quite a famous one within SW circles and it's pretty good - rather like Heinz tomato soup, in fact. Not as close, to my mind, as some would have it be, but pretty close. I'll post about it.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Many of my soups now contain a chopped picked onion. A definite winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier than peeling and chopping, to be sure. :-)
      xx

      Delete