Thursday 27 June 2019

Thursday. 27-06-19

Good morning.


Long entry alert - if you want just the meal plans, they're at the bottom!

Thank you to everyone who was so kind as to make comments on yesterday's grumble and for all the concern and helpful advice.
I've had a good think and . . .
1.  I have invited Dad over here for some of our weekends and he's all for it.  We'll arrange some dates when I'm next there which won't be for just over a fortnight.  There won't be anything like the tempation here . . .
2.  Exercise - yes, Eileen, you are right, specific exercise HAS taken a back seat although I am loads more active than I used to be before starting to lose weight.  I have gym membership so really MUST get the momentum going again.  I can't go swimming today but maybe could do an early morning swim tomorrow.  As a slightly longer term thing, maybe I could ask for another healthy assessment and a programme for the gym rather than just using the pool.
3.  I'm going to keep to the 'if I eat it, I write it down' thing going for some weeks.  It really does make me think twice
4.  Having said that, I think my portions are creeping up again so it's definitely something to watch.

So:  more time at home, exercise, write it down, reduce portion size . . . anything else anyone can think of?
I will, of course, carry on with SW, with the planning, keep the water intake up, add beetroot to my snacks (I'd like to cut out snacks entirely at some point), work on my mental attitude, keep an eye on how much cheese I have in case any extra little bits creep into the measured amount and I have subscribed to the 'winning loser' blog.  
Thank you all so much!

I had an email from Suzanne, the friend I am visiting soon.  She knows I am on a diet and asked for specific info about what I can/shouldn't have so she can provide the right sort of meals.  Now that's what I call a friend, bless her.  So that's off my mind and I can focus on my time at Southwold.  I'm self catering there and intend to be very active, with loads and loads of walking - it is that sort of place.

Last night's weigh in wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  I've clawed some weight back (or off) since before last weekend and was just one pound up.  Even so, it was up, not down, so not great but I'll accept that with considerable relief and move on.

Today's plans:
B:  oat waffles with fruit and yogurt
. . . because I love them.  However, as you know, the waffle maker creates a circle of four 'quarters' which is actually quite a lot so I shall have two pieces for breakfast and save two for a dessert later on.
SW:  all together, that will be one healthy extra B for the oats, half now and half later

L: pasta bake, finger salad
Bearing in mind the thing about portions, I had about two thirds of the pasta bake last night and the other third is for lunch today with carrot and celery sticks, pepper and tomato
SW:  one healthy A for the cheese

D:  chunky steak (M&S can), runner beans, another speed veg, cherry toffee ice cream on oat waffles
I have plenty of speed veg so can load up the plate with it, if I want.
The dessert isn't nearly as evil as it sounds.  The waffles are the other two quarters from breakfast and the ice cream isn't really ice cream at all, it's frozen cherries zizzed in my mini blender with a Mullerlight toffee yogurt.  The frozen cherries semi-freeze the yogurt and it is lovely!  It's soft at first but if you want it a bit firmer, pop it into the freezer for a short time but beware - it freezes very, very hard.  No soft scoop there!  So - waffles, ice cream and maybe a tbsp of Monin caramel syrup which is sugar free and SW free (and, in small amounts, I rather like it, despite not really having a sweet tooth).
SW:  The main course is free; dessert is the other half of my healthy extra B and half a syn for the Mullerlight.  Mullerlight has recently cut out all sugar from their yogurts so the syn value has dropped.  I'm wondering if that's in response to SW taking the product off their 'free foods' list last year.  Anyway, no complaints from me!

Ss:  free fruit and veg, sparkly water

BM:  a walk and I will be on my feet all morning at the Infants Sports Day at school which has to be a good thing.

Thanks for bearing with me as I ramble on.  Maybe it will help someone else; it has certainly helped me!

6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, well done on losing most of your previous gain and limiting it yesterday to just one pound, that's marvellous.

    Carbs always make me gain, I lose several pounds if I cut them out, or at least cut down drastically on carby things. Do carbs perhaps have the same effect on you? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure - I think the 'empty' carbs (things like white pasta/rice) make me retain water rather than actually gaining fat so, yes, I weigh more. That's really the point of SP days. SW says it's not low carb but it is really! You have your one healthy extra but no other white carbs (or wholewheat ones either).
      I do like to plan in some SP days each week.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done Joy. I definitely find the carb portions their recipes recommend are too big for me. I can eat them but I think it slows my loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's confirmed my feelings, thanks. I suppose they have to work for everyone and some will need considerbly more calories - if they're bigger, taller, less sedentary. . . Application of common or garden sense is the name of the game really.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Cutting back on carbs certainly helps me. I have quite a few meals with no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes (this includes sweet potatoes which I dearly miss) or other starchy vegetables. I fill up with extra vegs. and things like lentils, chickpeas or beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a huge difference between types of carbs. Going zero carb is impossible abd even really low is tricky for more than a very short time but I'm trying to make good choices as to what sort of carbs I have. I'm working my way through the rest of my 'white carbs' as I won't waste them - pasta and rice - and SW encourages wholewheat bread, pittas and wraps anyway. I do have some more starchy veg like peas, parsnips and sweet potato although not on SP days, obviously.
      xx

      Delete