Monday 4 November 2019

Monday, 04-11-19

Good morning!


It may not be elegantly plated, in fact, it looks a bit of a mess, but yesterday's lunch was delicious.  And there was enough lamb for my teatime sandwiches too.

Those Aldi lamb shanks really are good value.  For under a fiver you get two separate shanks and, if each one does me two meals, that purs it almost into the frugal category (almost) and, for a treat, well worth it, especially as they are SW friendly.






Today's plans.
B:  porridge, yogurt and fruit
SW:  free

L:  roasted tomato and red pepper soup, apple
Leftovers from Saturday
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the milk I used in the soup.

D:  Another roast dinner!
I had a text from my son, Dave, yesterday, asking if he could come round for dinner.  You see, on Saturday, he had an operation (successful) on his wrist and, as a result, can't use that hand for a while.  Anna will not be in so I'm cooking him a dinner!
I thought I'd get a chicken and then I will have leftovers for a few days.  To go with it, I'll do roasties, broccoli and, maybe, carrots.  Nothing too challenging either for me to cook or for Dave to cut and lots of speed veg on the side.
SW:  should be free; I will make some gravy but I'm not a great gravy fan really.

S:  fruit (mostly apples), in the evening I will have chicken to nibble at.

Body Magic:  a walk, salsacise


2 comments:

  1. I love those lamb shanks from Aldi. In fact I love most meat and chicken from Aldi as it is usually really tasty and very reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Since I decided that when I buy chicken it will be happy chicken, I find their prices are much more reasonable and very good quality too.
      xx

      Delete