Monday 4 November 2019

Recipe: caribbean porridge

More an idea really but let's call it a recipe.


Ingredients for one
40g oats (one healthy extra B
125mls semi skimmed milk (half a healthy extra A plus water to own preference
pimch of salt
mango and pineapple cubes from the freezer or fresh (NOT canned), thawed if necessary
a pot of low fat vanilla and coconut yogurt (I use one from Aldi and half a syn per pot)
about two tsps sweetener (I use stevia)
1.5 tsps Sweet Freedom orange spice Choc Shot (one syn)

Method.
Put the oats, salt, milk and water in a non stick pan and stir well.  Then add the fruit.
Slowly bring to a boil, stirring often, and simmer for a few minutes until done.
Pour into a warm bowl, add the yogurt, sprinkle over the sweetener and drizzle over the choc shot.

Eat immediately.  It's very filling!

SW facts.
This uses
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns

And I'm not doing the 'have to syn the fruit because it's cooked' thing but if you do, then that's what you need to do here.

4 comments:

  1. I had porridge today too (usually I just have fruit and yogurt) as it was damp and dreary out, but not as fancy as yours. Bet it warmed you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, yes. I do love porridge!
      xx

      Delete
  2. That sounds divine. I have frozen mango and pineapple in the freezer (obviously, where else would I keep it). I think that could well be on the cards for breakfast tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. It was gorgeous! Much nicer than it looks in the photo.
      xx

      Delete