Tuesday 26 November 2019

Tuesday, 26-11-19

Good morning.
Yesterday ended up as all change.  On the way home after the walk, I just missed a bus so popped into Iceland (as you do when you miss the bus!) and treated myself to some SW frozen ready meals with the idea that they might help me stay back on track.

Yesterday, I had a chicken tikka masala for lunch with a portion of rice from the freezer and dinner was a fish pie with some home cooked veg on the side.

The chicken was really nice and I enjoyed it very much indeed.  Plenty of chicken, plenty of sauce and a great flavour.  One to get again or to make myself using the recipe that is always provided on the packaging with SW frozen meals.

The fish pie wasn't nice.  The was plenty of fish and the prawns were nice and big but I didn''t like the sauce and the mash topping was watery and soggy.  Not one to make again.  My own fish pie which costs just a few syns is much, much nicer.


On to today.
B:  blueberry and apple pancakes with natural yogurt
This is a Pinch of Nom recipe, apple and cinnamon pancakes, to which I will add some blueberries because they need using up.
SW.  One healthy extra B for 40g oats plus 50 mls of milk which it's easier to syn at one syn.

L:  chunky chicken, bacon and veg soup
I have bits and bobs of vegetables to use and am defrosting a chicken breast and a bit of bacon to add more flavour.  There should be enough for two portions or more which will be very useful tomorrow
SW:  free

D:  Either a smoky sausage and bean casserole or chicken balti with rice.
Both are SE frozen meals and both are free.

Body Magic:  A walk to the shops and back again

I know I'm not being all that rugal right now but, apart from those ready meals, I am using up what's in the freezer.  It's not frugal to not use things you already have in the freezer because they're not frugal!
There are a few gaps now.  Not enough to think of defrosting but getting there.

What are your plans for today?

2 comments:

  1. Iceland have some pretty good things in, although I'm not keen on their frozen meat sometimes. But I'm staying out of food shops for as long as possible at the moment, as you know! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really shouldn't have but it was there. (no excuse, I know)
      xx

      Delete