Tuesday 5 November 2019

Tuesday, 05-11-19

Good morning.
The chicken dinner went down a treat last night.  I prepped plenty of veg and potato in the hopes that there might be a few leftovers for today but Dave was obviously feeling pretty hungry and ate the lot, bless him.  However, there's plenty of chicken left and after he had gone I stripped the rest of the meat and set the carcass to simmer in the Instant Pot overnight so this morning I have some lovely stock (and the house smells great!).
I found a few frozen cranberries in the freezer so popped them in a pot with sugar and water.  As they were boiling up, I added some orange zest and a tiny slug of cointreau and it made a very tasty cranberry sauce that I think I will reproduce for Christmas Dinner.  I estimate the syns to be about three per portion - ouch but worth it.
I also made some rather nice pink fluff for dessert but I'll post about that in a separate entry at some point.

Today's plans:
B:  A cooked breakfast, apple
Bacon, egg and mushroom, I think, and I might spoil myself with a bit of potato done in the actifry for a treat.
SW:  free

L:  chicken, bacon and leek soup.
As I have leek that needs using, plus all that chocken and stock, I will make a really nice (hopefully) soup with onion, bit of carrot (gives a great flavour in soup) and leek, plus the chicken, stock, and a bit of orzo.  I love orzo in soup; it thickens things up nicely.  Oh and lashing of pepper!
SW:  should be free

D:  leftover chicken and bacon quesadillas, apple
Based on this recipe, and I will cut the oil in favour of spray oil and use what veg I have with the cooked chicken.  It should be tasty!
I'm not sure about veg; I have some cabbage so perhaps I could make a coleslaw and have pepper strips on the side as well.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wrap and probably around one and a half healthy extra As for cheese but I will see how much I need when I make them up.

S:  fruit, chicken

E:  I'm booked for another Heart and Sole walk over lunch time, this time around Writtle, a local village.

2 comments:

  1. Writtle Essex? My husband stayed with a wonderful lady while he did some training there. She stayed in contact for over 36 years and sadly died 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Writtle, Essex. It's not far from where I live and it's a very pleasant place, especially around the Green. How lovely to have kept in contact.
      xx

      Delete