Tuesday 5 November 2019

Recipe: Christmas quesadillas

No, it isn't Christmas - yet - but this was so tasty, I'm posting about it.


Ingredients for one:
a WW wrap (one healthy extra B)
some spray oil
some cranberry sauce (I reckon about two syns for my home made sauce)
a bacon medallion
a little bit of onion, very finely chopped
some leftover roast chicken (or turkey), shredded
45g finely grated strong cheddar (one and a half healthy extra As

Method
Spray oil on one side of the wrap, brush it all over and turn the wrap over.
Cook the medallion (I used the same pan as I crisped up the quesadilla) and cut it into strips.  Keep the pan hot.
Place the onion, bacon, shredded chicken and grated cheese in a bowl and mix well.
Spread some cranberry sauce over the wrap.
Pile the chicken mixture over one half of the wrap, fold over the other half.
Carefully place the filled wrap in the hot pan and cook until the underneath is browning and going crunchy.
Carefully turn it over and crunch up the other side.  In the time it takes to do this, the filling will be hot and the cheese will be melting.
Lift out of the pan and cut into two or three segments (I use kitchen scissors, it's easier than using a knife and squidging all the filling out).
Serve with whatever you fancy.  I used tomatoes and red peppers - Christmassy colour!

It's really, really delicious and the cranberry sauce just makes it!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was quite shocked (in a good way) at how delicious it was, to be honest. I searched for a recipe, read it through and changed it a fair bit so I think I can claim it as mine really.
      xx

      Delete