Saturday 16 November 2019

Saturday, 16-11-19

Good morning!
The tuna cheese not-really-a-quesadilla was really nice as well as being dead easy.  I had some baked bean leftovers so had them on the side and, weird as it sounds, it all went together well.
Filling too.










I changed my plans for dinner.
I prepped potato, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip and sprouts.  I chopped the planned chicken into about seven chunks and got some vacu packed chestnuts - just a few for about four syns.

I put the root veg and the sprouts into the actifry with a little spray oil and cooked it on the chips setting for twenty minutes.  Then I added the chicken, chestnuts, one tbsp lemon juice and one of maple syrup (two syns) and finished with the last ten minutes of the chip setting.
It was gorgeous!

Today's plans.
B:  bacon, egg and tomatoes
Believe it or not, the last of the garden tomatoes are just ripening on the window ledge and ought to be eaten
SW:  free

L:  Some sort of home made soup, probably something like roasted carrot and lentil as I have carrots to use up, followed by some fruit
SW:  free


D:  I found a recipe for a syn free pizza on Slimming Eats.  The base is made with ground oats, baking powder yogurt and egg and I thought I'd give it a go.  I'll let you know.  Then a yogurt.
SW:  one healthy extra A (50g light mozzarella), one B (40g oats)

S:  none

Body Magic:  nothing organised but I shall be busy moving furniture around for a fair old time so that counts!

What are your plans for today?



6 comments:

  1. I love the variety of dishes you do. Which incidentally proves dieting/ healthy eating doesn't have to be boring. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely thing to say, thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I planned to have baked fish on a bed of kale but am feeling a bit queasy so may just have a bowl of home made soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often use root veg and chestnuts together - a lovely combination. The quesadilla also looks good. You've got to love Slimming World - it makes creative cooks out of us members, doesn't it? It's great fun experimenting to see...."How low can you go?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it encourages invention and creativity too. It suits me so well.
      xx

      Delete