Tuesday 5 November 2019

Wednesday, 06-11-19

Morning

Yesterday's food worked really well.  For breakfast, I ended up slicing som potato, spraying it and actifrying it without the paddle.  With five minutes to go I cut two bacon medallions into three bits each and tossed that in with some halved mushroom and a bit more spry oil and finished it off.  Really tasty and dead easy too.  One to remember and added sausage would be nice too.  I've just discovered that Aldi's 'skinny sausages' are just half a syn each and, according to my informant, 'nice'.  I'll give them a go although I tend not to like the very low fat sausages.  Worth a try!

The soup would have done two days but I was so peckish after the walk, I had the lot and it kept me going all through the afternoon.

Dinner was so gorgeous, I have posted about it separately.
Christmas quesadillas - it have a nice, alliterative sound, doesn't it!
And it was filling too.

Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
SW: free

L:  broccoli and chicken soup
I have a broccoli stalk which, nowadays, I never throw away but make into a great soup and I will use some of the chicken stock and scraps of the chicken.  It should be very tasty and just the ticket after an hour of personal training
SW:  half a healthy extra A for some milk

D: bean and veg curry with protein noodles
Leftovers from whenever and popped in the freezer.  Easy to reheat after the SW group meeting
SW:  three syns for some coconut milk powder and the noodles

S:  fruit

E:  an hour of personal training

5 comments:

  1. I once bought some broccoli and picked all the thick headless stalks from the display. The grocer gave me twice as many for the money as he wouldn't be able to sell the stalks. They are gorgeous mixed with cooked pasta and then cooked with leftover cheese sauce. I also used to buy the very tiny new potatoes and he did the same things as nobody seemed to want them. That was back in the days of 'greengrocers'. I miss the friendly chats with the owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You used to get great service and quality fruit and veg, didn't you? Such a shame they've more or less disappeared now.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy broccoli stalks too, I tend to use them sliced in a stirfry, I do share the stalks 50/50 with my pet bun though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough. Either way it's not just wasted! I must try it sliced in a stir fry - it sounds good!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I chop and freeze broccoli stalks and asparagus stalks. Then I add them to soups.

    ReplyDelete