Friday 21 October 2022

Friday, 21-10-22

 Good morning.

It's so annoying.  I've had a mostly good week and was looking forward to weigh in but the virus is still biting and I'm not going - not well enough.
Oh, well - all the more off next week!  

Yesterday's meal photos:

I know I sounds like a right little misery here but I just couldn't be bothered to do more than heat a can of baked beans.  So that's what I had.
Lunch was the other portion of the leek and potato soup and it was delicious.

Later on, I had a plum and then another plum!
Dinner was based around the other rice pouch, the dirty rice, from Aldi.

I spray stir fried onion, carrot, baby corn, green beans and red pepper with a bit of chorizo and some lean bacon.  I stirred in some jerk seasoning and then added the tomato sauce that I found in the freezer and let it simmer.  Finally, I added some of the pouch of rice and some prawns from the freezer and heated it all back up to piping hot.  It was really, really tasty and I have a bit left over for a lunch today.
It would have been nice with chicken instead of bacon or, indeed, most cooked meats - e.g. Sunday roast leftovers.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon sandwich with tomatoes and mushrooms on the side
I've been fancying bacon sandwich for several days so here it is as a Friday treat.
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread and one syn for some brown sauce

L:  leftovers of jambalaya in lettuce cups, more salad on the side, maybe apple and carrot coleslaw; fruit
Just what it says and I'm looking forward to it very much.
SW:  half a syn for chorizo in the rice mixture and half a syn for the rice itself, one syn for mayo in the coleslaw

D:  chilli con carne with dirty rice, veg on the side; yogurt
The other half of the Aldi dirty rice and I will jazz up one of my portions of savoury mince with some chilli and some mixed pulses.
SW:  one and a half syns for the rice, half a syn for yogurt, one healthy extra A for some grated cheese, half a syn for 2% yogurt and another half syn for fruit yogurt

E:  Lindsey has given us some exercises to do over next week when there are no classes (half term|)

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
six syns

No comments:

Post a Comment