Sunday 9 October 2022

Sunday, 09-10-22

Morning, everyone.
The wedding is over and it's right back on the straight and narrow. Life is just like this, isn't it?  You make a resolution, determine to follow a certain way and along comes something to interfere almost immediately.
That's Real Life and things have to work around Real Life.  :-)

Yesterday's meals:

This breakfast set me up nicely - which is just as well because it was around half past four before we started eating at the wedding reception.

I did take a couple of photos of the buffet but they have both come out terribly blurry, sorry.  Suffice it to say, it was very beige and very delicious (in a pastry sort of way).  I was very responsible and stuck to diet coke as I was driving and have and absolute dread of drink driving - it's an absolute no-no for me.

I was not at all hungry when I got home but I have to confess I had a couple of ales brought back from the Peak District.  So lets draw a line under yesterday and move on.  One doesn't get invited to a wedding that often, after all.

Today's meal plans

B: pancakes with fruit and Greek yogurt
I'm going to treat myself to some 'toffee apple' with the pancakes.  Brown some apple slices in spray oil with some cinnamon and then sprinkle over some brown sugar and let it caramelise.  Nice!
SW:  one healthy extra B for whatever I use to make the pancakes with and sugar is one syn per tsp

L:  roast lamb dinner; fruit
I'll probably have roasties, parsnips, carrots, broccoli and sprouts and definitely mint sauce.
SW:  if I make gravy, that will be a couple of syns

D:  Spanish rice and veg with some shredded lamb added and some cheese on top; yogurt
Just what it says and the rice from the freezer.  I might have a little salad on the side too
SW:  one healthy extra B for cheese and half a syn for yogurt

E:  weather permitting, a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns plus however much sugar I use - probably three syns-worth


2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, Rachel here. I still have not figured out how to de anonymise myself! You are right, weddings are a life event and you could have abstained or not. Allow either way and carry on! You have inspired me to indulge in one of my favourite healthy extra B meals - the baked apple with mincemeat. I am still in bed and I know I have some mincemeat - just pray there is an apple left for me!!! Inneed to go shopping today. Sigh. Reading your meals today - they sound delicious but I bet you 10p you don’t have your tea because you’ll be too full from your roast dinner! I’m making mince beef based cottage pie with a a pinch of nom colcannon recipe topping and will serve with peas and carrots OR I will
    Make it as the
    Mince needs using and save it for tomorrow for I’ve govenors ( might be too late out for SW class ) and use the cook from frozen but perfectly yummy chicken crown from Ice land to do a chicken dinner . Not sure yet. Still in bed . Decisions ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - a life event is the perfect description. It was worth it!
      Mmm - baked apple. Do save some for me. :-)
      bet I will have tea because I defrosted the rice yesterday (in the fridge) in case I needed it come the evening so if I don't have it today I will have to chuck it - and I don't want to chuck it!
      I wonder what you will choose for today!! As you say, decisions - and it all sounds lovely.
      Enjoy your lie in!
      xx

      Delete