Monday 3 October 2022

Monday, 03-10-22

Good morning!
All went well yesterday and I am now properly back on track again.  Phew.  It was less of a struggle than Sunday and it's so nice to be in the groove again.  I like a bit of gastronomic splashing out but even more do I like getting back on track again.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast ended up as an apple.  No photo!

Roast chicken dinner with Alex and it was delicious.  I had chicken (obviously), roasted potato and parsnip, boiled carrot and steamed sprouts and broccoli plus a bit of bacon and some onion chutney.  It was very filling as well as yummy.

Later on in the afternoon I had a plum.
The tagine-y thing worked out really well although it is hard to make a single portion and I have both tagine and couscous left for tomorrow.
(The broccoli was just leftovers from lunch)
Then I had a kvarg for dessert.


It was all much easier than Saturday, thank goodness.
Today's plans

B:  breakfast omelette, tomatoes
Bacon and mushroom in the omelette and tomatoes on the side.
SW:  speed, free and protein.  No syns.
 
L:  cheesy chicken toastie, salad; fruit
Part of the chicken leftovers yesterday went into the tagine.  The rest should make a jolly good toastie today.  I will jazz up the leftover couscous to go with the salad.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, one and a half syns for chutney

D:  chicken tagine pie, veg; yogurt
I know this sounds weird but I will use what's left of the tagine as a base, layer some cooked potato slices and sprinkle over cheese before finishing it off in the Ninja.
SW:  this is a bit tricky as some of it is part of yesterday's SW values but here goes.
One healthy extra A for cheese.
Half a syn for the tagine paste.  Two syns for dried apricot (I didn't have a full Bs-worth in the tagine)
Half a syn for yogurt

E:  circuit training today - back on it after a week off.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns
That's a good SW 'profile'!

How did yesterday go for you?

2 comments:

  1. I forget I have couscous in the cupboard. I think I might make some up and use it as the base for a salad tomorrow and Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like couscous and ought to have it more often. It's so easy. xx

      Delete