Monday 24 October 2022

Monday, 24-10-22

Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:
The veg slice was just as nice reheated.  It is definitely on the do again list!
Roast dinners take a bit more time and trouble but they are worth it.  This was delicious!

In the evening, I was tired and couldn't be bothered to do another 'full meal' so I used the healthy extras and made a cheese and chicken toastie.  It cost me one and a half syns in onion chutney and it was tasty.
I thought I had taken photos but my camera says otherwise!

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  speed and free as long as I use 0% yogurt.  If not, half a syn.

L:  murgh kari,  pitta, maybe a bit of salad; fruit
One of the delicious Simply Cook second portions from the freezer, couldn't be easier!
SW:  one healthy extra B, three syns

D:  chicken and sweetcorn lasagne, side salad or veg; yogurt
This is another from the wonderful Slimming Eats site and I note that Siobhan has another recipe book in the offing so I have it on pre-order.
I can use some of the leftover chicken from yesterday and some of the stock that I made from the carcass plus one of the tomato sauces I made on Saturday.  I'll make one sixth and, while it takes some working out, I think I am there as amounts don't have to be exactly exact!
I'm so tempted to make it lasagne and chips (yummy) but double carbs is not a good idea!
SW:  one A for a mix of cheddar and double Gloucester cheeses, the hm sauce is free, half an A for some milk, one syn for 5g not-parmesan and I will use mustard powder which is free.
Let's not forget the half a syn for yogurt too.

E:  there are no Lindsey classes this week so I will do one of her pre-records from YouTube.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns - that's good!

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy, I seemed to have fixed my Blogger issues ( touch wood ) - sorry to read you been poorly but your meals look delicious and so colourful. The veg slice has my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was tasty and I think I will be making some for the Taster next Friday.
      I'm very glad you've sorted out the Blogger issues. It's so frustrating when tech goes wonky. xx

      Delete
  2. I did the Simply Cook's chicken biriyani the other day and oh my it was tasty. I won't put rice on top again as the instructions say as it was a bit crunchy but I'll certainly cook it again. Thanks for putting me onto SC we love their meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip - I don't like crunchy rice either.
      I love Simply Cook too - definitely a keeper. xx

      Delete