Saturday 29 October 2022

Saturday, 29-10-22

 Good morning, everyone.  

Thank you very much for giving me a bit of space.  I'm back now, recovering slowly from whatever virus it was that knocked me flat (it wasn't covid) both physically and then mentally, and ready to pick up the threads again.

At group yesterday, I was lucky enough to win the raffle.  three pretty little pumpkins, some Beanies coffee with pumpkin spice mix (one of the nicer ones, I think - there's quite a lot of Beanies I really don't like) and something else but I can't remember what.
The pumpkins look lovely as a display but I'm not that fond of pumpkin as a food so if you have any ideas of what I could make that isn't pie or soup, I'd be very grateful.

The meal photos will be up tomorrow.

Today's plans:

B:    cooked breakfast
I think it will be some bacon, some 'fried' bread, an egg and some mushrooms and tomatoes
SW:  the bread will link with what I have for lunch to make a healthy extra B

L:    Welsh rarebit (SW version), side salad; fruit
If you have access to the SW site, this is the recipe I will use, reduced down.  
SW: the B as breakfast, one healthy extra A

D:  potato waffle pie, vegetables, yogurt
The potato waffle pie is just some cooked mince in the bottom of a small ovenproof dish, topped with some grated cheese and then a potato waffle on top, baked in the oven or, more likely, the Ninja until the waffle is done and the rest is piping hot.
SW:  two syns for the Birds Eye potato waffle (other kinds have different syns), half as healthy extra A fo4 some grated not parmesan and half a syn for the yogurt

E:  I'm still feeling a bit wobbly but will try some of Lindsey's homework - carefully!

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back Joy xxxx Mo.

    ReplyDelete