Monday 17 October 2022

Monday, 17-10-22

 Good morning.

While trawling around Aldi last Saturday, I saw some new rice pouches that I'm not noticed before so I bought one of each to try.

Here they are with apologies for the slightly fuzzy photo.

I looked them up on the SW app and they are each two and a half syns per pouch so I'll call it one and a half per portion.

There's a recipe suggestion on each pouch to make a very easy meal or you can do your own thing, obviously.
I do hope they are nice.  I'll report back.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
Lunch - a really nice roast dinner (look at all that speed) and afterwards I finished off the fruit salad.




It all crashed rather in the evening after a day of feeling very sorry for myself but not to worry - I'm back on it again this morning, feeling loads better and stronger again.



Today's plans:

B:  porridge with yogurt and fruit
I seem to have a lot of plums so the fruit will probably be some spiced plums (just simmer stoned and halved plums with a bit of sweetener and some sort of sweet spice mix - I have some hm apple pie spice mix that will do the job nicely!
SW:  one healthy extra B for oats and half a healthy extra A for milk.  I don't syn stewed fruit although I do syn any added sugar, obviously!

L:  chunky ham and veg pottage, carrot and celery sticks; fruit
I love a chunky soup with a ham stock base.  You do have to be careful that the stock isn't too salty and an unsmoked joint does better in this respect.  The quality varies anyway but this weekend's stock was really good.
This one has potato, sweet potato, squash, onion, carrot, peas, broad beans and corn to this, plus chunks of ham and way, way too much orzo, and I'm expecting it will do me a couple of days.  It's turned out more like a thick vegetable stew or a pottage than a conventional soup but that's fine - it's tasty, nourishing, packed with vegetables and SW free.  And I have a portion for today, three for upcoming lunches and I will also freeze the leek and potato soup that I didn't have yesterday evening - it is far too good to just chuck!
So - assuming I don't get bored with it, that's this week's lunches sorted out.  Lunch is the meal I struggle with - I have loads of ideas for breakfasts and dinners but not lunches.
SW:  this should be protein, speed and free with no syns

D:  sticky chicken, sticky rib rice, side veg; yogurt
The sticky chicken is a simple recipe from the SW site and is just chunks of chicken in a sticky sauce consisting of honey (I will probably use agave nectar as that's what I have), balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.  I will add some onion, mushroom and red pepper to the mix too.
The sticky rib rice is new in Aldi.   The bumph on the pack says that it is a sweet five spice flavour with soy, garlic and ginger.
I think broccoli on the side would work nicely with this.
SW:  the honey in the sauce will be one and a half syns for one tbsp. half the pouch of rice is one and a half syns (assuming I have as much as half) and the yogurt for dessert is half a syn

E:  circuits today

Summary:
one healthy extra A (I will top up to a full A with a couple of café au laits)
one heathy B
three and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. We bought a couple of pouches of riced veggies from Aldi the other day. We had the sweet potato one on Sunday and it was really nice if a little too sweet with the fish that I had cooked. I have a broccoli and cauli one to try tomorrow. Lost 4 pounds this past fortnight so I'm really pleased with myself. Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that the fish layer meal - I've got that planned in over the weekend - it sounds lovely.
      I agree about the riced vegetables - they can be too sweet and need, I guess, to be teamed with something much sharper for balance. The broccoli and cauli one sounds nice.
      Congratulations on the four pounds off - that is brilliant. xx

      Delete