Tuesday 4 October 2022

Tuesday, 04-10-22

Good morning!
How is it all going for you?  

Apologies that the plan part is so long today - there's a lot of description and the planning is definitely moving into autumn/winter mode now.  Far fewer salads (shame) and more soups (cheers).
.
Yesterday's meals:

The breakfast omelette was very nice.  The tomatoes - the first I have bought for quite a while - were not.  They were watery and tasteless.  Better get back in the habit of getting my tomatoes from M&S - they always seem to taste better.  Or maybe these ones are really better cooked.

Oh, well.
Very tasty cheesy chicken toastie, made with the microwave toastie maker thingy.
I added all sorts of bits and bobs to the couscous - onion, tomato, pepper, cucumber, chickpeas, carrot, dried chilli flakes and some squirts of zesty lemon dressing and it was lovely.  
I have a bit left over for today too.

And the tagine pie was brilliant.  I'll be doing that again sometime.  When I put it all together, I knew there was enough for a full meal so I didn't do any extra veg - after all, there was plenty of speed food in the tagine and I really didn't want any left over.
I used the Ninja to dry roast the potato before slicing them and placing them on top of the tagine in an oven proof dish, warmed it up to sizzling in Ninja and then added some grated not-parmesan and popped it back in for about five minutes.


Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'll have a banana before Groove and the rest afterwards
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt
 
L:  toast, pate, couscous salad and vegetable chips; fruit
I have one slice of holiday wholemeal left and also a bit of smoked salmon pate so I will toast the bread and cut it into little squares for the pate (to make it look nice).
I'll serve it with the last of the couscous salad and, I hope, some vegetable chips.
I looked it up and it seems you can make vegetable chips in the ninja.  I found a couple of recipes, one using oil and spices and one just plain.  Basically, you just slice the veg thinly (I have a slicer gizmo), pop the slices in Ninja and off you go.  No soaking needed unless it's potato.
Anyway, I have carrot, sweet potato and some broccoli stem so I thought I'd give it a go and see.  
SW could make a case for having to syn the sweet potato element because it's free veg, not speed, but not the others.  I'm not totally sure about the broccoli stem but if I don't try, I'll never know.
SW:  one slice of toast is half a healthy extra B.  Smoked salmon pate varies wildly so I've taken a sort of average (as I no longer have the cardboard wrapper) and called it five syns.  The zesty lemon dressing is so little as to not count.

D: ham and chunky veg soup; yogurt
I know soup is usually more of a lunch thing than a dinner thing but this is very thick and chunky.
I had half a can of chopped tomatoes left over, the cheap kind so not nice to have by itself but fine in a soup or stew, so yesterday I blended it smooth, used it as a base with some water and chicken stock powder and added chopped onion, carrot, squash, sweet potato, yellow pepper, broad beans and leek with seasonings and cooked it in Thermione on reverse for about twenty minutes.
Then I scooped out about two thirds of the chunky veg and blended the rest.  That makes the liquid a bit thicker but is optional really.
Then I added some cut up baby corn, some peas, the very last of the holiday ham and one and a half level tbsp of orzo and reverse cooked it for another 15 mins.
I like to do this the day before because the starch from the orzo really thickens it all overnight.  I've just given it a quick reheat this morning and it's lovely.  I won't be adding anything else to it now, it's packed with veg.  There's loads and I can eat the lot with a clear conscience, if I want to.
SW:  the soup/stew is speed, free and protein and the yogurt is half a syn

E:  Groove aerobics today

Summary: 
no healthy extra As - hmmm.  I'll maybe have a few cafe au laits and perhaps an options choccy drink made with milk, not water.  So let's call it one healthy extra A!
half a healthy extra B
six syns

No comments:

Post a Comment