Wednesday 19 October 2022

Wednesday, 19-10-22

Good morning.


Yesterday's meal photos:

I tried to do a more 'arty' close up of breakfast and failed miserably. Never mind.  It was nice anyway and the tomatoes did indeed taste better than expected.
More of the soup - still delicious.

Later on, I had a pear, an apple and a plum.
The sticky rib rice from Aldi is very nice indeed and I will be getting more.  I spent a couple of syns on some ketjap manis, a sort of glorified soy sauce type thing and it worked really well.

Dessert was the frozen banana, yogurt and strawberry ice and that was also lovely.



Today's plans:

B: bacon and mushroom omelette, mushrooms on the side
I'll probably be lavish and have some cheese with this too.
SW:  one healthy extra A

L:  leek and potato soup with ham, croutons; fruit
From the freezer, should have had it Sunday but it's nice to have something quick and easy today.
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  jambalaya, side veg; yogurt
On the back of the pack of Aldi Dirty rice, there is a serving suggestion to add sausage and prawns for an 'authentic jambalaya'.  While I very much doubt that claim, I thought I'd try it with prawns, one little mini-chorizo sausage and a bit of ham (I have just a little bit left that needs to be finished off really) with some veg on the side.  Worth a go, anyway.
It might be rather dry - will be, in fact - so I can make a spicy tomato sauce.  I have a basic sort of recipe and what I don't use can go in the freezer.
SW:  one and a half syns for half the pack of rice, two syns for a mini chorizo and half a syn for a Mullerlight yogurt

E:  circuits - it should be personal training but Lindsey can't make that today and gave me some options, of which I chose the small group circuit class this morning.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns

No comments:

Post a Comment