Thursday 13 October 2022

Thursday, 13-10-22

Morning, everyone.
Thankfully (and I do hope this is not Famous Last Words), things seem to be properly back on track.  The changes in weather and therefore in the kind of meals I make, has stirred things up again and added variety.

Yesterday, I got out my slow cooker and all day yesterday the house smelled wonderful while it created a batch of what I call 'basic' savoury mince.  It's under 5% mince with chopped tomatoes, tomato puree.  stock and various veg but just basic seasonings - salt, pepper and garlic granules plus a few odds and ends of veg in the fridge.
After cooling overnight, it has given me eight good portions to use for all sorts of dishes by adding specific spices, more veg, etc, including chilli, curry, bolognaise, various topped pies . . .
Nice.
Yesterday's meals:

Nice, comforting porridge for breakfast.  It slipped down very easily.
Lunch was leftovers of Tuesday's black bean chicken.  I decided to have it hot and cooked some pak choi to go with it and the rice.

Later on, I had an orange.
Dinner was Singapore pork with a salad and carrot and apple coleslaw.  Filling and tasty.  For dessert, I zizzed up frozen banana and strawberries and it was lovely.




Today's meal plans

B:  bacon, baked beans and mushroom
I have half a can of baked beans left over from Tuesday and really fancy having it with bacon and some mushrooms.
SW:  protein, free and speed.

L:  chickpea and veg burger in a roll, side salad, coleslaw; fruit
I opened a can of chickpeas to make the tagine so I will use some of them to make a veggie burger and use a red onion and rosemary sausage to help bind it all together.
(The rest has gone in thar batch of savoury mince I made yesterday)
SW:  one healthy extra B for the roll, one syn for mayo in the coleslaw.

D: lamb tagine, couscous, veg; yogurt
I needed to use up the rest of the weekend lamb so made this yesterday.  It was a very 'knocked together' effort with onion, carrot, ras el hanout spice mix, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, peppers, mushrooms and dried apricots .  Not pomegranate seeds though - I'm not that fond of them.
I rehydrate the couscous in chicken stock rather than just boiling water - it gives a lovely flavour.
The tagine has made enough for two portions.  Excellent.  I do like a more economical dish!
SW: three syns for the dried apricots.  They could have been half a healthy extra B but I've already used my B.  Half a syn for yogurt

E:  Lindsey exercises!

Summary:
no healthy extra As (ooops - I feel a few café au laits coming along!)
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm back although may be sporadic. My beloved OH passed a way 2 weeks ago and I am bereft - knew it was coming but the end was sudden and unexpected. He was 59. Will read but may not comment. Keep at it and take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to 'see' you again. I've been thinking of you.
      All my love and sympathy for your loss - that is no age at all and seems to unfair.
      If I can help . . .

      xxx

      Delete