Tuesday 11 October 2022

Tuesday, 11-10-22

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meals:
Looking at yesterday's photos, it just shows that beige doesn't have to be gastronomically boring or less than healthy!   :-)

My breakfast sweet omelette was really very nice and, with two eggs and yogurt and then an apple, it kept me going through circuits really wall.  
Lunch was so good.  Tomato and roasted red pepper soup with croutons and afterwards I had a orange.  Simple and satisfying.


Nothing too complicated for dinner.  Just a lamb ragu with pasta and grated cheese and it was very tasty and extremely filling (especially as I have the rest of it instead of saving it for another day).  No room for yogurt afterward!

Today's meal plans

B:  baked beans on toast.
Because that's what I fancy, good old baked beans on toast.  Two slices too!!  Ooooh-er!
SW:  one healthy extra B 

L:  chicken noodle soup; fruit
The soup season has definitely arrives.  I'm really looking forward to this yummy lunch.  It's been in the making since Sunday when I got the chicken joint out of the freezer and let it simmer in the slow cooker overnight, once it had thawed.
It has chicken stock, onion, celery, carrot, sweetcorn, noodles, chicken, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
I was planning to have something bready to dunk but now it's made there's no way anything else is needed, no way at all.  It looks and smells so good.
SW:  speed, protein and free.  

D:  Simply Cook black bean chicken stir fry; yogurt
I haven't tried this before but it sounds nice - chicken, peppers, rice, spring onions, onion and I will add other veg to make some fried rice.
It suggests to add some toasted cashews but, lovely as that sounds, I won't because I'd just scoff the rest of the pack - I love cashews.
SW:  this isn't on the SW site so I've looked carefully at everything - the actual ingredients I will be using are all free or speed and the spices and sauces have their own calorie values on the pack so I am estimating two syns per portion (assuming two portions).  Also half a syn for yogurt

E:  it's groove today!

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns








2 comments:

  1. I can almost smell that chicken noodle soup... and it smells blimmin lovely. The lamb ragu is on my radar too so thanks for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An hour and a half before I eat it! Can't wait. It has made two really good portions so that's lunch later on in the week sorted out too. xx

      Delete