Sunday 23 October 2022

Sunday, 23-10-22

 Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast pancakes.  I spent one syn on adding 5g Options choccy drink powder and yummy - very nice indeed.  I'll do that again, for sure, maybe in sweet omelettes as well.  The yogurt was 0% and it had gone a bit 'funny', sort of grainy.  It tasted OK but, sadly, I've chucked the rest away as the texture wasn't great.  The topping was just plums well simmered  in sweetener and a bit of water.
Despite the yogurt, the whole thing was delicious.

The vegetable slice I baked for lunch was really rather delicious.  I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  The lentils give it a much firmer texture and substance than an ordinary quiche and what you see in the photo is an eighth of the full recipe (I made a quarter because it quartered easily)

Here's the recipe link again - well worth giving it a go.

It was such a delicious day's eating and dinner did not disappoint.  I made just one portion of meatballs using pork mince but more tomato sauce as it's so useful to have some in the freezer.
The day finished off with a kvarg.

Today's plans:

B:  vegetable slice with brown sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms
I was going to have boiled eggs but have this left over from yesterday's lunch which I am more than happy to polish off for breakfast.  I think the brown sauce will go really well.
SW:  one syn for the brown sauce

L:  roast chicken, stuffing, roasties, veg; fruit salad
I found a small chicken at a reasonable price a few weeks ago and popped it in the freezer.  I'm really enjoying this 'have a roast on Sunday' vibe so looking forward very much to this.
The 'stuffing' is just a onion and rosemary sausage to which I might add some chopped sage from the garden and the veggies are parsnip, sprouts, carrot and broccoli - I love a good old plateful of vegetables and the last four are all speed.
SW:  two syns for some gravy, if I make some

D:  air fryer pizza sweet potato slices, coleslaw, salad; yogurt
Someone in our group posted about this on our Fb page and it looks really good so I thought I'd give it a go.  I can use some shredded chicken as part of the topping.
It's another Slimming Eats recipe.  There's a Facebook page for Slimming Eats, if you're interested, where there are loads of links to some great recipes.  
SW:  one healthy extra A, one syn for mayo or salad cream in the coleslaw and half a syn for the yogurt

E:  I'll see how I feel - maybe some of Lindsey's homework.

Summary
one healthy extra A plus cafe au laits and I might add to the cheese on the slices - I'll see.
no healthy extra Bs
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment