Wednesday 12 October 2022

Wednesday, 12-10-22

Morning, everyone.

It seems to be leftovers day today - sort of leftovers, anyway.  Both lunch and dinner are second portions of Simply Cook meals and it is so nice sometimes to just lift a finished dish out and heat it up.  I like cooking very much but I also like leftovers very much too.

Note to self - make tomorrow's tagine today!!
Yesterday's meals:

Nice, simple baked beans of toast for breakfast, perfect after an energetic Groove class.  I really enjoyed this.

I've given up craving butter on toast.  I spray both sides with the spray 'oil' and give the slices six to eight minutes in the actifry.  They come out so lovely and crunchy, just perfect.  It's all about the texture for me as wholemeal has a great taste anyway.




The chicken noodle soup was delicious and, in a way, prophetic, as I am developing a cold, darn it.
Thankfully, there's another portion for Friday, now in the freezer.
Chicken soup is supposed to be good for colds, isn't it?

I also had three plums and then, later on, another plum.
The Simply Cook black bean chicken was really delicious.  Rather spicy but it sort of numbed my sore throat which was helpful.  A great flavour and one I will get again.

I just added extra speed (onion, red pepper and mushroom) plus some leftover sweet corn to the rice to jazz it up, as well as the spice mix provided.  It should have also had egg but I didn't bother with that.  It was fine, really nice.

Dessert was a vanilla kvarg.









Today's meal plans

B:  toffee apple porridge
Perfect comfort food for breakfast.
I will add some apple pie spice mix to the porridge, add in some chopped apple at the end (so it warms but doesn't go soft) and serve with yogurt with a caramel skinny syrup flavouring
SW:  one healthy extra B (oats), half a healthy extra A (milk) and half a syn for 2% yogurt

L:  black bean chicken and rice, salad or veg; fruit
(for anyone who knows that particular recipe, I didn't 'velvet' the chicken with the egg and the cornflour, I went straight to the stirfry part)
The big decision is do I have it hot with veg or cold with salad?  I'll see how I feel nearer the time.
SW:  two syns for the chicken.  The rest should be speed/free

D: Mexican pork one pot in a wrap basket with apple and carrot coleslaw and a salad; strawberry ice cream
This is one of the frozen portions of the Simply Cook meal I made last Friday. 
The dessert is just frozen banana and strawberries, blended together and I am not synning it just because it's blended, sorry, SW!  Thank you, Eileen, for sending me over the recipe.
SW:  five syns for the 'basket', three syn (estimated) for the Mexican pork, one syn for mayo in the coleslaw and one healthy extra A for cheese on the Mexican pork.

E:  personal training (assuming the lateral flow test I plan to take isn't positive - I don't think it will be, it just feels like a cold)

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eleven and a half syns (quite high for me but still within SW boundaries)

No comments:

Post a Comment