Saturday 15 October 2022

Saturday, 15-10-20

Good morning.

Well, that was OK.  One pound off, bang on target and I won the raffle this week.  It was a good raffle prize - all the things needed to make the SW tomato soup - baked beans, chopped tomatoes (two cans), pickled onions, tinned carrots and vegetable stock cubes plus a microwavable soup mug.  I always buy tickets, even if it's something I'm not terribly interested it because it helps pay for the coffee, etc, but this was one I was keen to win.
I won't actually be making the SW tomato soup but all those things I can use.  I don't like pickled onions but they are fine used in soups, etc.
Yesterday's meal photos:

I was feeling quite rough after getting home after group and didn't want to do any cooking so I just had an apple and a couple of plums to add to the banana I had in group after weighing. No photo taken, sorry.

The rest of the day looked very beige.  Lunch was fine - plenty of good stuff in the chicken noodle soup and I had to use my new microwave mug to heat and serve it.

I'm definitely making some more of this soup.  If I use a piece of chicken on the bone, it makes enough for two really good portions and provides a good stock.  I can add whatever veg I fancy and I might try different pasta, not noodles, next time.
In fact, I will get another chicken piece out today so it thaws for tomorrow - it takes a couple of days to make using the slow cooker.
Dinner was frankly and unashamedly carb loaded.  I was feeling so tired and a bit yuck that I just went with the easiest option.

It was hardly a balanced day's eating really but it was within SW guidelines.  What's missing is the speed food.  Not healthy but not a disaster either.

It looks loads but it's a smaller plate.

Today's plans:

B:  scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on toast
I'll make crunchy toast in the air fryer and probably have some mushrooms on the side.  I think they go so well with scrambled eggs.
SW:  half a healthy extra B (one slice of toast) and the rest is free/protein/speed

L:  leek and potato soup, croutons; fruit
I have a piece of leek to use up so I thought I'd make a one portion soup.
I find that if I blend the potatoes with the leek and stock, the texture goes a bit gloopy so what I do is simmer the leek, onion, carrot, etc, in stock and steam potato chunks above.  Then I blend the veg, mash the potato and stir the two together.  It works really well.
SW:  the other half healthy extra B, a bit of healthy extra A for some milk (makes it taste more creamy) and the rest is speed or free

D:  potato mince layers, assorted veg; yogurt
This is just an idea I had.  We will see.
Peel and thinly slice potato.  Place in boiling water for a short time so the slices start to soften but don't fall apart.  Drain and lay aside on kitchen towel to dry.
I will use one of my savoury mince portions from the freezer and probably add to it some peas and some more carrot.
Spray oil a small oven proof dish.  Then place potato slices over the bottom and season lightly, then half the mince, then another potato layer, then the rest of the mince, then finish off with potato (just thin layers so a bit like lasagne (maybe I should call it 'potato-sagne').
Spray the top potato layer, cover the dish with foil and gently bake (I will use Ninja) until the potatoes are soft.
Remove the foil, sprinkle over some cheese, turn up the heat and finish cooking uncovered until the cheese has melted.
I'm planning a good old portion of veg, seeing as yesterday's veg content was so deplorably low.
Fingers crossed - it might work or it might be a sloppy disaster!
SW:  one healthy extra A and half a syn for a yogurt

E:  a walk, Lindsey's exercises

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
half a syn

No comments:

Post a Comment