Tuesday 18 October 2022

Tuesday, 18-10-22

Good morning.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Porridge with spiced plums - a very good way to start off the day.
The ham and veg pottage was absolutely delicious.  Three more portions to go!


Later on I had a plum.
Sticy chicken with the Aldi sticky rib rice.  The rice was fine - nothing special on its own but it came to life when teamed with the rest of the meal.  The sticky sauce I used is equal parts agave nectar (or honey or maple syrup), balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and it bubbled down to a very delicious thing.
No room for anything else afterwards.
Today's plans:

B:  tomatoes on toast
I need to use up some tasteless tomatoes I bought a couple of weeks ago and, given that frying does seem to maximise the flavour, that is their fate.  I might add some garlic and some tomato puree - that will help - and fry them in a bit of olive oil.
SW:  I'm going to splash out on a tsp olive oil for two syns.  Also one healthy extra B for the bread

L:  chunky ham and veg pottage; fruit
From the freezer and the flavour should be good.  Perhaps I will have cheese.
I was going to have croutons but, given how much orzo I added, more starch is definitely not needed.
SW:  protein, speed and free

D:  chicken, ham and rice, side veg; banana, strawberry and yogurt ice
I have the other half of the sticky rib rice pouch to use up so I will just do some onion, mushroom, pepper, beansprouts, chicken and ham as a stir fry and add the rice.  If it's dry, I can add some soy sauce.  It might end up rather samey and I could add a bit of sweet and sour sauce perhaps - we will see.
I'll make the dessert by zizzing together frozen banana and strawberries and adding a bit of Greek yogurt and I have the syns for a bit of choccy sauce, if I fancy it, on top
SW:  one and a half syns for the rice and half for yogurt.  Any sauce will be no more than two syns

E:  Groove aerobics

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
up to six syns

 

No comments:

Post a Comment