Friday 9 December 2022

Friday, 09-12-22: Christmas challenge day 9

  Good morning to you!

Weigh day today.  I don't stand much chance of a loss but can hope, with fingers crossed, for a maintain - that would be excellent but unlikely.  Then it is just two more weigh ins before Christmas itself.

Ten healthy habits for Christmas
9.  Maintain a routine
One of the things that can cause us to feel tired over the festive period is the new routine.  Instead of three main meals, we find ourselves snacking, or waking up later than usual.  As the body works on a cycle, maintaining your routine can support better energy levels, lower stress and increased productivity.

Yesterday's meals:
After month of not having baked oats, I am now really enjoying them and this, made with some of the festive spice and some easy peelers, was delicious.

I knew this would be nice - the last of the leek, broccoli and butterbean soup with some grated cheese on top.

Then I had a banana and a couple of easy peelers and later one more easy peelers - they are very small and think of all that vitamin C!
This one pot was very good.  Basically, chicken and chorizo with tomato, butter beans and other bits and bobs.  It was a recipe for two, I made half and scoffed the lot.

No dessert - I was full up.


Today's plans:

B:  festive porridge
. . . made with some festive spice and a bit of mincemeat.  Nice!
SW:  one healthy extra B, half a healthy extra A and two syns for a level tbsp mincemeat

L:  tomato and butterbean soup
I have half a can of chopped tomatoes and half a can of butterbeans left over so I'll put them together with other bits and bobs like onion, etc, and make a soup in Thermione.  In fact, I'll go and start it when I've finished this and then it will be ready for when I get back from PT
SW:  this should be syn free

D:  salmon, chips and er - something; yogurt
I've fancied chips all week and today's the day!  I'll have a think about veg - it might be peas or perhaps a mix of onion, pepper, mushroom and tomatoes - yes, that would be nice.
SW:  half a syn for yogurt - the rest should be syn free.

E:  personal training, put back from Wednesday

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment