Wednesday 28 December 2022

Wednesday - Christmas leftovers challenge

 Morning, everyone.
Yesterday was a day of two halves.  I think everything caught up on me.  I've not been sleeping all that well over last week and the weekend and yesterday I just couldn't stay awake.  I've learned my lesson (again) though.  If I plan even a remotely fancy dinner, I must prep as much as I possibly can in the morning.

After a great night's sleep, I do feel much more with it today, thankfully, and ready to rock!

Yesterday's meals:

I did manage a photo of breakfast and it was delicious.
I added a bit of stuffing to the bubble and squeak and used a bit of flour for dusting - I reckon it was no more than two syns, probably less.

Lunch, the leftovers soup, was scrummy but I forgot to photo - out of routine after the festive days.

Dinner just didn't happen so it's going to carry over to today - I don't want to waste a good idea!


Today's plans:

B:  beans on toast; fruit
It's raining cats and dogs out there and beans on toast feels just the thing!
SWL  one healthy extra B for the bread

L:  leftovers hash, picky salad; fruit
This should be very simple - I will just spray and air fry the last of the roastie leftovers, gently crushed, with stuffing, turkey and tomatoes (which should just moisten the mix) and some seasonings, maybe with a bit of spice, adding the last of the cooked broccoli right at the last minute.
SW:  hard to work out but I reckon it should be around two syns maximum so that's what I'm counting

D:  festive ravioli, tomato and veg sauce, fresh veg; yogurt (copied from yesterday and I'm going to put the ravioli together shortly); yogurt
The idea of this is to make some wholewheat pasta and, instead of turning it into spaghetti or tagliatelle type stuff, to make some filled ravioli with finely chopped turkey, cranberry and stilton.
I will use an oil and egg free pasta recipe so it should equate to dried pasta which is a free food on SW - so I will count it as free food too.
Fingers crossed it works, please.
SW:  stilton doesn't count as a healthy extra A but I am going to count it as such.  A slight cheat, I know.  The yogurt is half a syn, the cranberry sauce will be one and a half syns

E:  As you've probably guessed, yesterday's plans just didn't happen so fingers crossed for today and Lindsey's YouTube exercises.

Summary:
one healthy extra A (sort of)
one healthy extra B
four syns - ish


No comments:

Post a Comment