Friday 30 December 2022

Friday, 30-12-22: Christmas leftovers challenge

Morning, everyone.

So far, I have made (or will make):
bubble and squeak
chunky soup
hash
ravioli
curry
lasagne
arancini

In the freezer I have put:
two real American pancakes
mini slices of stollen (gift)
four pots of turkey slices in stock
two pots of turkey chunks in stock (for casseroles, curries, etc)
three little pots of white wise (for cooking with)
one pot of very much reduced turkey stock

I also have some very tasty turkey dripping but . . . 

Yesterday's meals:
Sadly, I only had one of the planned meals.  I had toast for breakfast (white bread, now used up) and 'dinner' was a disater of all sort of unhealthy bits and bobs.

Today's weigh in will be terrible, a huge gain, but it is sure to get me back on track.





This was the first time I made arancini (basically rice balls with stuff mixed in) but it won't be the last although making the balls was a fiddly process and I might just pack the mixture into appropriately sized oven dish and bake it as a sort of slab.



Today's plans:

B:  fruit, beans on toast
The beans are leftovers and the toast will (WILL) be wholemeal as the white I made last week has all gone now.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  turkey curry and rice; fruit
Has to be used up today so I'm having it for lunch.  The flavours should be good anyway!
SW:  half a syn if I add yogurt to the curry

D:  hm turkey and veg lasagne; fruit
I have just a bit of turkey, a bit of chopped tomato and various veg so I will make a chunky sauce with that.  I have what's left from the wholewheat pasta I made t'other day and I will make that carbonara sauce I use with a beaten egg and grated parmesan mixed into it.
A sort of lasagne!
SW:  up to two healthy extra As but the rest is speed/free on SW.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
half a syn

No comments:

Post a Comment