Thursday 22 December 2022

Thursday, 22-12-22; Christmas challenge day 22

 Good morning!

I remembered to take photos today, three cheers!

This evening is our family party as we won't be together on Christmas Day.  It won't be SW friendly in shape or form but I will be straight back on it tomorrow!

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast porridge, and very nice it was too.  I had it after going to Beth's for a hair cut and I had some easy peelers before.
The cheesy parsnip gratin was delicious.  Here's the link to the recipe.
Just a few things:
When it says season with salt and pepper - be careful of the salt because, between to stock and the cheese, I thought it was salty enough.
More parsnips and less sauce would work fine.
I cooked the parsnips for longer than it says before they went soft.
It finished off fine in Nellie the Ninja rather than the oven - a saving on fuel!

It would be lovely with some bits of turkey between the two layers and with stilton cheese, both of which I will be trying with leftovers next week.  Also, half and half with some potatoes would be lovely too - or with shredded cooked veg in the middle . . . or stuffing . . . in other words, a very adaptable recipe indeed.

No veg- couldn't be bothered and it was a biggish steak so there was loads.  I didn't have the chutney or the yogurt either - didn't need them.



Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes

L:  tuna jacket potato, salad; fruit

D:  family feast
. . . which will involve pizza.  Yummy!

E:  A Lindsey work out although I noticed yesterday that Rick has a new Christmas themed one (both on YouTube) which I might try.

No SW summary until the day after Boxing Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment