Thursday 8 December 2022

Thursday, 08-12-22: Christmas challenge day 8

 Good morning to you!

Straight back on track and yesterday went like a dream.

Ten healthy habits for Christmas
8.  Find a self care habit that feels good.
Whether it's bubble baths or simply buying the 'fancy' jam at the local shop, finding things that make you feel cared for is an easy way to lift your mood every day

(You can tell this was written well before the current cost of living crisis, can't you?)
Yesterday's meals:

These were so good.  Blini sized pancakes - twelve out of my usual pancake recipe and I spread some cinnamon bun flavoured Mullerlight on top and added an easy peeler segment.  Really delicious.

I might do something like that for the taster session a week tomorrow.
Made the day before, the cheesy potato topped pie was delicious and I'm definitely making another with the Christmas dinner leftovers.
I was really glad there was another portion for dinner.
Later on, I had a couple of easy peelers.

Dinner was just as nice as lunch.
I had a couple of easy peelers for dessert.

There was some carol singing down the road which I went to and they were giving out choccies.  I had two and enjoyed them very much and they certainly won't have taken me above syns or calories for the day so that's good.


Today's plans:

B:  Christmas spiced baked oats with orange
Just what it says.  I treated myself to some 'dusting' powder yesterday so will pop some on the top and the fruit inside will be easy peeler segments.
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn for yogurt.  I can't find the syns for the dusting powder but it can't be much - ten grams is 40 calories and there's only 70g in the whole jar so I will weigh as I sprinkle it over and see how much I use - let's call it half a syn for now.

L:   leek, broccoli and butterbean soup; fruit
What's left from the other day with some cheese added.  The turkey and that ham are both gone now so no added protein.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  chicken and chorizo one pot, veg; yogurt
This recipe I found in a Sainsbury's magazine.  Here's the recipe:
I'll have to adapt it to work with what I've got and will probably add a few more veg - onion and mushroom or maybe some sweet potato.
SW:  two syns for chorizo and one and a half syns for the olives plus half a syn for the yogurt

E:  I'm booked into SET online this morning

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment