Monday 3 June 2024

Monday evening, 03-06-24

Good evening, everyone.  

What I have eaten today:

On his YouTube channel, Roy posted a recipe that was a sort of 'homage' to the great Elvis because it was supposed to be a favourite of his - in a far less healthy form, I suspect.  Here's the link and I adapted it so I'll add what I did at the bottom of this post.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zLiFxdJpM&t=996s
I call them Presley pancakes.
The bacon isn't right - crisp streaky would have been better but not SW friendly and, for aesthetic reasons, I will cut it into thin strips next time.  :-)
And I may very well add peanut butter powder to my pancakes again anyway - it's lovely!

Almost one healthy extra B for wholemeal SR flour (not a SW thing, it's one of my adjustments), one and a half syns for one level tbsp peanut butter powder and two syns for a tbsp maple syrup.

I had the last of the Spanish tortilla for lunch with a big old mixed salad.  Definitely going to have that again at some point - it was delicious.

One syn for the oil I used to make the tortilla and I had some pumpkin seeds that can be the other bit of my healthy extra B.

Dinner was beef fajitas with sweet potato fries.  This is one of the new Slimming World Kitchen recipes - because I am subscribed, I have access to the recipes so let's give it a go.
I printed out the recipe for two and halved it.  It made LOADS, something to remember for the future.
However, it really was very tasty indeed.
And SW free, no syns.
It would be nice to add some grated cheese - I didn't think of that and I could have.  Never mind.

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

Tomorrow's plans

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette, tomatoes

L:  cheesy black bean quesadillas (I have black bean leftovers)

D:  lemon chicken traybake, maybe a side salad; fruit

Exercise:  an online class.

How I made the Presley Pancakes

Ingredients to serve one
30g wholemeal SR flour (I count it as a B)
pinch baking powder
one level tbsp peanut butter powder (one and a half syns)
bit of sweetener (optional)

egg
half a banana mashed
dollop of 0% Greek yogurt
water to get required consistency

toppings
bacon
rest of the banana, sliced
one tbsp maple syrup

Method:
Mix the dry ingredients together.  Whisk the wet ingredients together.
Put the two together and mix until combined.
Fry (spray oil) as for any thicker pancakes.

I used my teppanyaki so I could do the bacon and the pancakes at the same time - very much easier.

Stack the pancakes, top with the bacon (cut into strips so it looks nicer) and the maple syrup with the rest of the banana.  Eat straight away.




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those Presley pancakes sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really very tasty and no harder than the usual pancakes - just a bit of banana mashing involved, that's all.
      Thanks, Cherie xx

      Delete