Sunday 23 June 2024

Sunday evening, 23-06-24

Evening, everyone!
All seems to be going well so far.  No slip ups and a full week of SW friendly plans to follow.  

My second (extra) SWK box is arriving tomorrow and I'm feeling excited about it again - the first one was a great success.
What I ate today:

A cooked breakfast went down a treat.  I had a few strawberries, picked the other day, that needed using so I had them afterwards.

Syn free

I had a rethink about lunch because I watched Frugal Queen in France's Friday vlog where she showed how to make a very simple lentil wrap.  I'll put the link at the bottom.
I did some garden work and one of the things I did was to thin out the mixed leaved that I sowed three weeks or so ago.  There was no way I was going to chuck those thinnings away - I had them as 'micro leaves' in my salad and they were very nice indeed.
I put some chopped apple in the coleslaw so had the rest of the apple for afters.

One and a half healthy extra As for cheese, no Bs because the lentil wrap was made with SW free foods and half a syn for light mayo - I used one syn's worth but only had half of it.

Dinner was the SWK recipe, using my own ingredients.  The only thing I did differently was use a couple of sizzle steaks instead of two bavette steaks because that's what I had - and swapping the kale for broccoli, of course.
Very tasty.  Not how I remember a stroganoff but it was great and I will make it again.  I'm very glad I have the other half for lunch tomorrow.
Syn free.

Summary
one and a half healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
half a syn



My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  lentil wrap omelette with avocado,mushrooms and tomatoes

L:  steak stroganoff, rice, broccoli; fruit
Exactly the same as Sunday dinner.

D:  zingy lime and ginger salmon with rice and salad; fruit

Exercise:  circuits


Here's the link to the Frugal Queen in France vlog.

This is what I did.

I used a third of a cup of orange lentils, two thirds of a cup of water, a bit of black pepper and some stock powder.  

I did what the video modelled except that I made the first wrap thicker and cooked it slower as I wanted it to have some substance as a pizza base.

I then put it on my pizza tray, spread a mix of tomato puree, Hendersons and soy sauce for the pizza sauce, then added a mix of grated cheddar and grated mozzarella, then onion, mushroom and pepper that I had softened, topped the lot with sliced tomato and gave it about ten minutes at 180C until the cheese had melted.

It was really nice - not bready in the least bit, of course, but the flavours worked so well with the cheese and vegetables and it was pick-up-able
As lentils are free and protein on Slimming World, I didn't have to use a B - and lentils are high in fibre as well as protein so it's win all the way.

And I have another one, a bit thinner, to use another day, from what was left.  I wonder how well it would freeze . . . although I will want to use it tomorrow so I must make some more sometime.

Thank you, Frugal Queen.



No comments:

Post a Comment