Saturday 29 June 2024

Saturday evening, 29-06-24

Evening, everyone!
I had the most wonderful start to the day.  Nothing fancy, it just felt good.  I sat in the garden enjoying my first coffee in the sunshine, spent some time planning the week after next's meals and then went inside and prepped the fruit for breakfast.
Isn't the fruit delicious right now, especially berries, and yes, my plans will change, of course it will, but it's a start and forms the basis of my next shopping list (probably for next Friday).

Micro managing - well, maybe, but it works for me.

What I ate today:

Breakfast during a summer walk - with sparkling water with ice and lemon.  Couldn't be better, could it?
Syn free.

Lunch - toastie with onion chutney, cheese, bacon and a big slice of tomato.  With a side salad it was so, so good.
Afters was a couple of rounds of watermelon, cut into quarters.  So refreshing.

One healthy extra A for cheese, one B for the bread and two and a half syns for chutney, a bit more than usual.

Dinner was Middle Eastern style chicken and loaded couscous, a recipe from one of the Slimming World Kitchen recipe booklets, and it was absolutely gorgeous.
The chicken on its own, without the loaded couscous and with some feta and, maybe, watermelon would be so delicious at another time too.
I just loved it.
It's been such a warm afternoon, I made some of my frozen cherry yogurt and, because I don't syn blended fruit, the whole meal was syn free.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  waffles, fruit and yogurt

L:  leek, sweetcorn and roasted pepper square, salad; fruit
(recipe is on the SW site for those who have access - basically, it is just a crustless quiche thingy)

D:  pork chop, veg, roasties; fruit

Exercise:  a rest day.
Here's a few photos I took on our very pleasant walk this morning . . .






2 comments:

  1. Watermelon on a warm day sounds wonderfully refreshing. Lovely photos xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so juicy and, fresh from the fridge, very thirst quenching. I love it, even if the taste can be quite 'watery' at times. xx

      Delete