Monday 17 June 2024

Monday evening, 17-06-24

Evening, everyone!

What I ate today:

An apple before circuits and this afterwards.  The baked beans were leftover from a couple of days ago.
Half a healthy extra B
One of the veg traybake and chickpeas portions, reheated with cheese melted on top.  Odd, I know, but it was actually very tasty.

One healthy extra A and one syn for salad cream

Later on, I had a nectarine, an easy peeler and my second healthy A in the form of a nibble of cheddar.

On to dinner which was the last of the SW Kitchen meals from my first box.
And
It
Was
Delicious
Not shown in the photo was a vegetable gravy which was so good, I'm making it again.  Best, being a vegetarian, will really love it too.  I'll reproduce it at the bottom of this post.
The plateful you can see filled me up.  I have another plateful more or less the same (more red cabbage) to warm up and have as an easy meal tomorrow and there's things left over - two potatoes, two carrots, one red onion, some green beans, some fresh herbs, a bit of a stock cube and mushrooms - chestnut which is what I always get.  This is all stuff I buy regularly so they will not be wasted.
No dessert - no room.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
one syn




My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  breakfast toastie, mushrooms and tomatoes

L:  Spanish tortilla, salad; fruit

D:  same as today

Exercise:  Groove class and the walk there and back.

This is how I made the lovely gravy.

You need:
some chopped onion, carrot and mushrooms
spray oil
part of a stock cube or powder
tomato puree
tamari (a sort of soy sauce - you could use that or some Henderson's instead)
water

No need for salt as the stock and the tamari are salty

And some sort of blender - I used my stick blender.

Spray a non stick saucepan, add the mushroom, carrot and onion and let them sizzle over a medium heat.
After five minutes or so, add some tomato puree and cook for another couple of minutes.  
Crumble in the stock, add the tamari and some water, bring to a simmer and cook until the veg have softened.
Blend to smooth with a stick blender or similar, adding a bit more water if needed.  Reheat and serve.

2 comments:

  1. The veggie gravy sounds delicious, I'll have to try it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, I find veggie gravy a bit too sweet but the mushrooms (chestnut ones) gave it a very 'meaty' sort of flavour. I'm never making another kind of veggie gravy again and I am umming and aging about making a patch for the freezer. xx

      Delete