Monday 24 June 2024

Monday evening, 24-06-24

Evening, everyone!
Firstly, I have added the lentil wrap pizza and today's lentil omelette breakfast wrap on the recipe links page,  tab at the top.  There are loads of recipe there, if you want to take a look.

The Slimming World Kitchen box arrived this afternoon and, as before, everything was lovely.  Easy to sort out, everything there, the two packs of chicken went straight into the freezer and the rest is all in the fridge.
What I ate today:

Breakfast - I'll post the recipe below but it contained a lentil wrap, one egg, 35g avocado, tomatoes and mushrooms plus seasonings.
And it was both delicious and filling.

Two and a half syns for the avocado.  Everything else was free and protein, speed or free seasonings.

Oh, my word, this was filling.  The other half of the stroganoff from yesterday with salad instead of rice.  I added cheese on top of the stroganoff because - healthy extra A needed.
Half a syn for the coleslaw dressing.

Later on, I had an orange and a nectarine.  

The first of the new lot of SWK meals.  Zingy lime and ginger salmon with rice and salad.  What brought it all together was the dressing/marinade which was grated fresh ginger, finelychopped chilli (not that hot), tamari, lime zest and juice.
The salmon steaks were marinated in some of it before baking (in Nellie), it was a dressing for the salad (shredded red cabbage, ribboned carrot and quartered tomatoes, and I added some to the rice which I didn't follow instruction for.  This was because I had some left over from yesterday so I spray fried the cut pak choi and then added the rice and a bit of the dressing just to heat the rice.  
It said to break up the salmon, which I did, but it made the bowl look messy.  Oh, well!
It was delicious.
I cooked both the salmon steaks (good sized ones, far bigger than I usually have and next time I have a salmon dish from them, I might halve each portion and freeze what I don't need.  I just made one portion of the salad and the rice was one portion anyway - the provided rice has gone into my basmati  rice storage jar.
Syn free

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
three syns
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  eggy bread with fruit and yogurt

L:  lime and ginger salmon, salad; fruit
(using the other piece of salmon and the left over dressing on the salad)

D:  herby chicken pie, broccoli; fruit
The second SWK meal of this week.

Exercise:  Groove.

lentil omelette breakfast wrap



Ingredients:
one lentil wrap 
one egg, beaten, plus seasonings of choice

35g frozen avocado chunks, thawed, mashed
seasonings (I use Just Spices avocado topping mix)
small fresh tomato roughly chopped
lime juice

mushrooms and tomatoes, halved and/or sliced.

Method:
Heat a non stick pan the same size as the wrap.  Shoot in the beaten egg and spread it round - it will be thin.
As it sets (very quickly), place the lentil wrap in top and press it down.  Them carefully, turn the whole thing over so the lentil wrap warms and the egg cooks.
Place on a plate in a warm oven so it doesn't go cold.

Respray the pan and add the mushrooms.  When they are nearly cooked, add the tomatoes.

Mix together the guacamole ingredients.

When the tomatoes and mushrooms are ready, spread the guacamole onto the omelette wrap, lentil wrap side up.  Then pile on the mushrooms and tomatoes.
Enjoy straight away while it is still hot.


(I'll post this separately too)

No comments:

Post a Comment