Monday 24 June 2024

Recipe: lentil wrap pizza and an update

 I got the recipe for the wrap on YouTube.  Here's the link to the Frugal Queen in France vlog where you will find it.


This is what I did.

I used a third of a cup of orange lentils, two thirds of a cup of water, a bit of black pepper and some stock powder.  

I did what the video modelled except that I made the first wrap thicker and cooked it slower as I wanted it to have some substance as a pizza base.

I then put it on my pizza tray, spread a mix of tomato puree, Hendersons and soy sauce for the pizza sauce, then added a mix of grated cheddar and grated mozzarella, then onion, mushroom and pepper that I had softened, topped the lot with sliced tomato and gave it about ten minutes at 180C until the cheese had melted.

It was really nice - not bready in the least bit, of course, but the flavours worked so well with the cheese and vegetables and it was pick-up-able
As lentils are free and protein on Slimming World, I didn't have to use a B - and lentils are high in fibre as well as protein so it's win all the way.


Update:  16-07-24
After making these a few times, I found them very fragile - prone to stick, easily torn and difficult to turn - so I have adapted it somewhat and it's much better.

One way of serving them.

Ingredients:  to make six pancakes/wraps of about 15cms diameter
1/3 cup split red lentils
1/3 cup x 2 water (can be hot)
1 tsp chicken stock powder
one medium egg
black pepper/other seasonings of choice
oil for brushing over the pan - I measure out half a tsp and use what I need - I reckon I use about three mls.

Method:
Put the lentils and water in a container and leave to soak for around four house.  Using just boiled water shortens the soaking time.
Just before cooking, add the stock powder, black pepper and egg.  Blend it all well together until the mixture is reasonably smooth.
Heat the most non stick pan you have and brush with oil.  Mix the batter well and pour in 1/6.  Turn carefully when the top has more or less dried off and briefly cook on the other side.
Tip onto kitchen towel to cool.
If freezing, wrap individually (I use Easyleave) and seal in an airtight bag or container to take out as needed.  They thaw pretty quickly.

Each wrap is Slimming World free (the oil is negligible) and 48 calories




No comments:

Post a Comment