Sunday 30 June 2024

Sunday evening, 30-06 24

Evening, everyone!
Last day of June today nd in the interests of a fresh start for a fresh month, I did another freezer audit.
Now I have a little list of Things To Use Up - not as long as last time but enough, all the same.
What I ate today:

As you know (because I have said time and time again) this is one of my favourite breakfast.  Home made and SW friendly (with a bit of a 'cheat') waffles with fruit and yogurt.
Are they the best waffles ever - no, of course not.  To make good waffles, you need melted butter, proper sugar, etc.  But, within more healthy limits, I love these, even if they are not 'crunchy' in the mouth.  
The recipe is in the recipe tab but I will reproduce what I did today at the bottom.

Half a healthy extra B.


This recipe is on the SW site and it's actually a party/bbq type thing.  It makes a lot.  I cut it down and used my common sense because, really, it is just a crustless quiche type thing.  I used four eggs, 60g not-parmesan, all the veg and I found some ends of bacon in the freezer so chopped that and added it.
It was scrummy!
And it made two portions so that's lunch tomorrow sorted.

One healthy extra A for cheese and I had more cheese later for another A.

Dinner was simple.  I spray toasted sweet potato, onion, red pepper, mushroom, apple and a pork steak with all the fat removed.  No seasonings, I just wanted the vegetable flavours.  When the pork was cooked, I just sliced it thinly and it was all lovely!  Sometimes simple wins out.
Afters was a nectarine.

Syn free.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
syn free

My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  more of the leek, corn and roasted red pepper slice with tomatoes and mushrooms.  It had some chopped bacon so it's breakfast-y

L:  leek, sweetcorn and roasted pepper square, salad; fruit

D:  chicken arrabbiata, salad; fruit

Exercise:  circuits


Recipe for SW friendly (with a bit of a tweak) waffles


This is the waffle recipe but I need to say that I count 40g wholemeal SR flour as a healthy extra B.  Bs are all about fibre and 40g of this flour has pretty much the same calories and fibre content as 40g oats which very definitely are counted as a healthy extra.  So - application of common sense and a bit of nutritional; know-how.

Recipe:
Ingredients for one serving
20g wholemeal SR flour (Dove does it) which I count as half a healthy B - not SW canon, just what I do.

pinch of baking powder (neg. on SW)
one medium egg
a splodge of 0% Greek yogurt
a splash of water if needed
flavourings - I used vanilla and sweetener today but you could go neutral or savoury.

I have one of those circular electric waffle makers - really cheap from Aldi but it does a good job.

Method:
Mix together all the ingredients and leave to stand while the waffle maker heats up.
Spray the hot plate with spray oil.
pour in the batter and cook in whatever way you waffle maker works.
(this recipe also makes nice pancakes)

Serve with whatever you want. Today I used sweetened yogurt and some mixed fruit. Sometimes I splash out on some maple syrup!



No comments:

Post a Comment