Tuesday 27 November 2018

Recipe: spicy red lentil soup

Filling, warming and a very festive colour.  What's not to like, eh?
I have a feeling the original recipe comes from a book but I have no idea which book, sorry.

Ingredients to make a good portion for three
one medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
garlic (I used granules)
half tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
50g red lentils
850mls stock (I used water and added Marigold powder and then added some more near the end after tasting)
2 tbsp tomato puree
can chopped tomatoes
some dried mixed herbs

Method.
Put the whole lot in a pan, boil and simmer until everything is soft.  Zizz well, then push through a sieve to get rid or any woody bits.
Taste, adjust seasoning if needed and reheat.

The chilli was just enought to tickle my tongue but add to your own taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment