Tuesday 20 November 2018

Tuesday, 20-11-18

Good morning.

Yesterday was a good day, food-wise.  The speedy tomato soup was scrummy with some home made croutons (see separate post) and the turkey stew, cooked in the slow cooker, was filling and yummy.  I made the full amount so now have pots of portions for other SP days in the freezer.
Here's a link (below) to the recipe which I more or less followed except for using a crock pot instead of the oven.  I wanted to add some pineapple to yesterday's portion because it felt Caribbean-ish but I checked and pineapple is not a speed food, sadly.  Another time . . .
I wouldn't recommend doing what I did, which was leave it in the slow cooker for too long, as the turkey disintegrated.  Mind you, it made a lovely, meaty, spicy sauce that I used a spoon to enjoy.  Also, if you do use a slow cooker, add less liquid than it says.
I hope you can access this link which is on the Slimming World site.
https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/caribbean-turkey-and-vegetable-stew.aspx

Today's SP plans:
B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, fried bread, tomatoes and mushrooms
Not as frugal as porridge but just as filling and very satisfying.
SW:  the bread will be half a healthy extra B

L:  baked beans on toast, apple
I'm making the most of baked beans still being allowed on SP days today, but, for the future, I'm planning to make my own baked beans which will be 'allowed' although they'll nothing like the 'real' version from a tin!
Using Morrison's beans and some YS bread, this is a very frugal lunch.
SW:  the bread is one healthy extra B

D:  salmon curry in a hurry; fruit yogurt
Another new recipe and I'll let you know because I'm not really that sure and might change my mind at the last moment and have baked salmon with loads of nice veg instead.
SW:  one syn for the yogurt

Ss:  warm milk before bedtime, mullerlight
SW:  the milk is my healthy extra A while the yogurt is one syn


It's nice to be on track again.


6 comments:

  1. I think you are doing very well. Keeping a track on what you eat and what goes into your meals can only lead to success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some people work best with a less structured approach but it suits me very well. Thanks, Tania.

      Delete
  2. A cooked breakfast always fills me up and keeps me going for hours - probably all that protein. Oddly, although I do like porridge, I don't find it very satisfying and often feel hungry again just a couple of hours later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm lucky - porrdge fills me up too. I love it but it's very nice to be able to ring the changes.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I can't use the link as it asks me to log in. If I have a cooked breakfast I always end up skipping lunch and I never know if that's a good thing or not.

    ReplyDelete