Friday 16 November 2018

Recipe: syn free dirty rice

Here's the link to this one.
http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-dirty-fried-rice-slimming-world/
Ignore the ads and scroll down!

I won't reproduce the recipe but I will tell you what I changed as it was fairly significant and must have made a big difference in flavour.
It was still syn free though.

1.  I used 500g lean beef mince as I didn't have any pork mince in the freezer.

2.  I used frozen mixed peppers and also added good scoops of frozen peas and sweetcorn to up the veg content.

3,  I didn't have any cajun seasoning but I did have some leftover home made jerk seasoning so used that instead - about two teaspoons of it

4.  I added a can of chopped tomatoes and some tomato puree . . .

5.  And another bay leaf that I added to the mince mixture as well as the one in the rice, both picked from the garden . . .

5.  And I simmered it all for ages.  I prefer my mince cooked long and slow.  It would work well in a slow cooker.

So not all that different really, no??????

I'll make the proper version one of these days as I am sure pork mince would be lovely!

It was very, very nice and I have three substantial portions now shivering in the freezer for those days when quick and easy is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment