Sunday 25 November 2018

Sunday, 25-1-18

Good morning.
Just a month to go now until the Big Day - the first of the Big Days anyway as I am cooking two Christmas dinners, one at my parents four weeks today  and one at home on the 25th.  In that time, all being well, I could lose another six pounds, realistically, as I seem to have settled to a pound and a half each week.  That would be great!

Dinner was really nice but I couldn't finish the macaroni bake because I had loaded my dish with sprouts and cabbage as well.  So breakfast will be pretty unusual!




Today's plans are:
B:  the rest of the macaroni cheese bake; apple and/or orange
It's leftovers mostly so no waste.
SW:  free because I counted the cheese yesterday

L:  bean and veg soup
Using pulses from the freezer, this is frugal, filling and delicious!
SW:  free

D:  steak, chips, tomatoes, mushroom sauce
Obviously not frugal but not as bad as you would think as I was lucky enough to get the steak on YS.  The rest is fine, especially as I was given the Philly light.
SW:  the philly light for the cheese sauce will be my healthy extra A

S:  fruit, mullerlight (1 syn)

Typing this up, I realise I have no healthy extra B because I've changed breakfast.  Oh, well, tough!

I shall have to have pasta in December because look what I got in Lakeland.  Christmas pasta.  It's cute!

8 comments:

  1. Well done on the meal planning and continued weight loss. I love the pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania. I love it too and I'm looking forward to using it. :-)

      Delete
  2. That pasta is so cute :)

    I haven't had any sprouts yet, I think I'm teasing myself so I'll really enjoy the first lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding them very tasty this year. There's no bitterness about them at all.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The pasta bake looks good....and will make a filling breakfast! Christmas pasta, how funny (and cute!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty and filled me up all morning. :-)
      I do love that pasta and there's enough in the bag to keep me going through December.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I could manage macaroni for breakfast. I hope there weren't any leftover sprouts!
    A month until Christmas Day! Where did that year go? My enforced hiatus in blogging means that I am playing catch up. I'm starting with the latest posts on my favourite blogs and will endeavour to read some of those I've missed over the next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L:OL - no, there weren't but a spot of bubble and squeak would go down a treat! Must take a jog over to your blog . . .
      xx

      Delete