Tuesday 27 November 2018

Tuesday, 27-11-18

Good morning!

Yesterday's curried chicken and cauliflower bake turned out very nice although a little bit dry.  I think more tomatoes would have helped with that and have made a note on the recipe.
It's on the slimming world site, if you have access.
If not, basically, you make a mix of tikka spice and water, coat the chicken and the par cooked cauliflower (and I added sprouts too), spray with oil,  bake for ten minutes, then add the tomatoes and spray again, mix and continue baking for 20 minutes or so, adding some thawed and heated frozen spinach before serving.
The cauliflower was still a bit firm and it was very tasty indeed.
If I wasn't doing SW, I'd use a curry paste.


Today's plans:
B:  bacon and tomatoes
Probably chopped tomatoes rather than fresh as they are starting to be a little less flavoursome now - and much more expensive too.
SW:  free

L:  Spicy red lentil soup; croutons
This recipe was posted on our local SW Facebook group.  It's basically the one I usually make but with added spice so I'll give it a go.  The main ingredients are chopped tomatoes and lentils so it's got to be frugal!
SW:  the croutons will be my healthy extra B

D:  Caribbean turkey and veg bake, shredded cabbage
Made last week and frozen.  I have some extra cooked turkey to add and the cabbage is to help up my veg intake.
SW:  free

S:  fruit, milk (healthy extra A), Mullerlight (1 syn)
I don't always have some or all of the snacks, it just depends how the day goes.  It helps to have a few extras planned in.  The only one today I must have is the milk.




No comments:

Post a Comment