Friday 8 March 2019

Friday, 08-03-19

Good morning!

I'm so happy.  At group I had lost 2.5lbs which was great,  BUT, better than that, I am now into the healthy BMI banding.  I'm no longer morbidly obese, obese or even just overweight!  I haven't been here for decades and decades but I am now.
Of course, I'm just at the top, I need to lose more, but - but - I have a BMI of under 25.
I came home and cried, I was that happy!  Isn't that silly?
Oh - and I won the raffle!  It was a nice one this week - a box of the new SW millionaire shortbread (which isn't shortbread at all but it is nice), a magnetic board for planning, a SW notepad and a bunch of daffs!

Taster evening was good.  My tum had settled and I was able to enjoy what people brought in.  I have posted the recipe of the pasta dish I took and, as before, I made way too much and now have three portions of the complete pasta dish, one portion of plain pasta and some pasta sauce, all destined for the freezer.  I'm not quite ending the week with more frozen things than I started it with but it's a close thing.
However, now I am back on the freezer challenge again so that will change.

B:  yogurt, banana and other fruit
Morrisons has fruit on sort of special (by that I mean not super-frugal but OK) so I got some.  I dearly love fruit and yogurt, especially my home made variety!
SW:  free

L:  small bean and veg soup, toast and cheese spread
The soup is from the freezer and is free while the toast will be my healthy extra B and the cheese spread one of my As

D:  curry meal
This is from the freezer and is the leftovers of the curry meal I made when I had friends round a fortnight ago and it's chicken korma, chickpea dahl, bombay potato and basmati and wild rice
I estimate three syns for the coconut milk powder in the korma.

Ss:  hopefully none, especially after a big dinner.
I'm short of an A but I'm having yogurt so that can count unofficially as an A today.

Last of all, the sourdough starter is bubbling away furiously.  I reckon I shall be able to give a loaf a go on Saturday.



12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss, Joy AND your new BMI status. A great achievement and all down to your hard work and determination. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. Not totally there yet but under a stone to go now so it's in my sights!
      Good old Slimming World.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Joy, I'm so pleased for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sooze. That means a lot.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic, fabulous news - all down to you and your amazing determination. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much - that's kind.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, so pleased for you, I am not surprised you shed a tear, you have done so well. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel a bit silly but the emotions were running riot. lol Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Afternoon Joy

    What brilliant news! You have worked so hard and been so determined to lose the weight and it's finally paid off. It seems that for you, recording it in your blog each day has been key to your success. I'm sure folks who read your blog, recipes, 'tricks of the trade' etc., have found it motivating to lose weight or maintain their weight (myself included).

    Have a good weekend.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, I do hope so. I'd love to think this blog has helped others.
      I have less than a stone to lose now to get to target! On the last lap.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Woo-hoo!!!! So well done, Joy. I admire anyone who manages to do what you have done. A fantastically big virtual hug of congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < big, happy smile > Thanks, Eloise. The next target is the initial target and then my final target.
      xx

      Delete