Wednesday 20 March 2019

Wednesday, 20-03-19

Good morning.

I have a friend round for lunch - two, actually, one is my daughter - and that other friend is watching what she eats too, so I thought I would try a new recipe.  I searched the Slimming World recipe bank for something vegetarian (daughter is vegetarian) and found a likely looking spicy beanburger recipe which I intend to have with coleslaw and a salad.

To make the beanburgers, I need green lentils, so I decided to give my instant pot an airing and it was a doddle.  One cup of green lentils and one and three quarter cups of water with a bit of salt.  Ten minutes at pressure and ten minutes depressurising afterwards (plus the time beforehand to get up to pressure) may sound a long time but once you have it set you can go away and do something else, you don't need to hang around in the kitchen watching the pressure or wondering when to stop it.
And the lentils turned out beautifully.

Dried lentils are infinitely more frugal than buying a can of ready cooked lentils too.

So - today's plans are
B:  vanilla waffles with fruit and natural yogurt
. . . as I made and posted about last week, recipe from Pinch of Nom (did you see them on telly yesterday evening on Save Money: Lose Weight?) and nothing from the freezer because I have fresh fruit to use up.
SW:  One healthy extra B (plus the yogurt which ought to be an A, I reckon)

L:  spicy beanburgers, coleslaw, salad; fresh fruit
I'll let you know about the beanburgers but with things like potato, onion, chilli, mixed beans (f), lentils, cumin and cinnamon, I'm hopeful that they will be very tasty.
I'll probably pop some mango chutney on the table but won't have any myself.
SW:  maximum one syn for the mayo in the coleslaw

D:  minute steaks, selection of veg, butternut waffles (f)
I got the chap in Morrisons to cut some filet steak really, really thin so it will be a case of waving them over the pan and they will be done.  OK, not cheap, but nowhere near as expensive as a steak of the usual thickness.
I had the waffles (OK, lattuces really) last night too and they were very good indeed.

Ss:  fresh pineapple, apple, milk (healthy extra A)


2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your lunch together, and that the beanburgers were a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did and they were, thanks, Sooze. They were very delicious!
      xx

      Delete