Saturday 2 March 2019

Saturday, 02-03-19

Good morning.

Weekends are difficult for me when I'm up here with Mum and Dad.  My ability to say 'no' is not great.  So I was pleased that, although I did succumb, I kept off the always available wine (no, Dad doesn't now, Mum never has, so why it's there I don't know and I must have a word with Dad about it) and that's all to the good.

I also had a pleasant little walk to a local shop and back as 'my' bread had disappeared from their freezer.  SW insistes that healthy extra B bread MUST be wholemeal (it's for the fibre content) so Dad's usual seeded loaf won't do!  It turned out he'd mistaken it for his bread and wondered why there were no seeds in it!  Anyway, there's now another loaf of wholemeal in the freezer, in a bag, with 'Joy's bread - keep orf' sharpied over the outside!  It was a good excuse for a walk and I got some nice leeks for a soup today as well.  No complaints!

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit and natural yogurt
It feels right, seeing as the weather seems to be taking a turn for the worse!  Wind and rain!
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the milk and one B for the oats

L:  leek and potato soup
I haven't made this for a while but I do love it.  I find that a potato based soup tends to go 'gloopy' when zizzed so I cook the potatoes separately from the rest, zizz the rest, mash the potato and then mix the two together.  It works really well - yes, it uses another pot, but only for boiling so it's easily cleaned.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the milk

D:  roast chicken, roasties, sprouts, broad beans and maybe carrots.  I shall also syn some stuffing.
Dad has lovely large supreme fillets and one does for the three of us.  I just wrap it in foil and let it roast/bake until done and then slice it.
SW:  no idea about the stuffing yet but it certainly won't use up all my syns.  It's a bit of an obscure stuffing I got for Christmas and then never used so I'll have to look it up on the SW site.  The rest ought to be free.

Ss:  milk (the other A) and fruit

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to cook and mash the spuds separately and then mix in - yes they do tend to go gloopy. Thanks for that, Joy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works really well - I've just finished making it and it's lovely. And no gloop! :-)
      OK, so extra pot to wash and the potato ricer to declog but what's a dishwasher for?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I have had no wine or beer for over a month and haven`t lost an iota of weight! I will continue through Lent but am not expecting any improvement. I also cut out chocolate but have gone back to eating a couple of squares of dark occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a trigger for me and yesterday evening was an example. Really not good. I'll do better at home and my fingers are crossed for this evening (Sunday)
      I hope the weight loss resumes for you again soon.
      xx

      Delete