Sunday 3 March 2019

Sunday, 03-03-19

Good morning!

I'm thinking of renaming this blog.  I need something to reflect what it is right now.  It's had several names in its reasonably short life, starting with the one I am lumbered with in the URL.  Now, it is still an attempt at reasonable, sensible frugality but with an ongoing focus of healthy eating the Slimming World way to lose weight and then to maintain it (which, I think, will be just as challenging in its way).
I still want 'frugal' in the title but going with something more explanatory.

Any ideas?

Today's meal plans are:
B:  yogurt and fruit
Home made yogurt - delicious!
SW free

L:  toast with cheese spread and marmite; orange
I use cheese spread instead of butter as, without something, toast tends to be rather dry and low cal spreads make it soggy.
SW:  the healthy extra B for the bread and an A for the cheese spread

D:  steak with peppercorn sauce, veg (or salad), SW chips.
I'm doing the steak for Dad who loves it, so now and again I fit it in while I'm visiting.  Personally, I'd like salad with it and I might just do that today instead of hot veg.  The chips are a treat for me - I love SW chips and I know Mum and Dad enjoy a few chips too.
The peppercorn sauce is a SW from Iceland frozen sauce and I have no idea what it's like.  I guess we will find out soon.  If it's nicer, I'll get some more as it seems a jolly useful thing to have in, although under the lid might be a recipe to make it - I'll find that out when I open it!
SW:  free


11 comments:

  1. Sorry Joy, can't think of a name, not enough sleep for my brain to work! (Noisy neighbours who are moving out today, woke us up at 05.30). The steak meal sounds lovely, we had steak last night, like your Dad husband loves it....I'm happy to have one occasionally, although it wouldn't be my meal of choice. I must try making yogurt, never have before...I don't have a yogurt maker but understand you can do it in a flask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard you can, yes, although I've never tried it. There must be info out there though. I'll have a look.

      My brain is also pretty dead! Not really lack of sleep, more worrying taking over my limited brain cells! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. This is wordy but seems to explain. I'd use UHT milk rather than bothering with sterilising - you can get long life semi skimmed very cheaply in Aldi and it works fine for me.
      http://www.greenfootsteps.com/how-to-make-yogurt.html#sthash.URITnKgc.dpbs
      (copy and paste it)
      Or this one.
      https://www.notquitenigella.com/2012/02/22/home-made-yogurt-in-a-thermos-oven/
      xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot Joy, I'll have a read of those later when I'm more awake. Sorry to hear you're worrying, hope everything's ok there...well, as ok as it can be xx

      Delete
  2. I racked my brains but all the names I can think of sound very "clunky". and as for getting something about losing/maintaining weight, frugality and Slimming World into one name - it might as well be an essay! Perhaps it won't all fit into the main title but could have a supplementary line such as FOCUS ON FOOD FRUGALITY (How to do it the Slimming World way). It's a mouthful though isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, yes, but it does say what it's now about, thanks. I wondered about Slimming World and Frugal but it doesn't catch me.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I'm struggling to come up with anything for you. The best I've thought of is 'A Frugal Approach to Slimming World' or 'Slimming World: A Frugal Approach'.

      Delete
    3. I quite like the latter; it just seems a bit formal, if you know what I mean.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Slimming world the frugal way. That's the best I can thing of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - that's quite good too. Thanks, Tania.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Frugal living in a Slimming World?
    Slimming World on a Budget
    I'm not good at catchy :)

    ReplyDelete