Tuesday 12 March 2019

Seven Slimming World friendly breakfasts

I'm funny with breakfasts.  Sometimes I can have the same thing for days on end, sometimes I want to ring the changes and sometimes I just forget (but I don't recommend that one).

I've sorted out seven that I have made and liked so that, if you want, you could have a different breakfast every day of the week.  Sadly, I don't have photos for them all.

1:  Fresh fruit and natural yogurt
I love this one.  The yogurt is my own home made but you could use any SW friendly yogurt; just remember to syn it, if necessary
I just bung a mixture of 'free' (mostly speed) fruit in a bowl, spoon over a few dollops of natural yogurt and a sprinkle of stevia.  Couldn't be simpler.  Couldn't be more naturally delicious










2:  Porridge, fresh fruit and yogurt.
As above but make porridge with 40g oats (healthy extra B), 125mls semi skimmed (half a healthy extra A) topped up with water, if you want, plus a pinch of sald.  Bring to a simmer, stirring.  It thickens straight away and bob's your uncle!  Add the fruit (warm it up first, if you like) and some natural yogurt with a sprinkle of stevia.  Filling and delicious.


(ignore the pot to the left!)
3.  Beans on toast
Dead easy.  I use a third to a half of a can plus two small wholemeal slices for a healthy extra B.  I find that the bean sauce straight on toast makes the toast go very soggy so I use light cheese spread for a bit of healthy extra A - it also tastes delicious!
To give the beans a bit more ooomph, add tomato puree, cajun spice, brown sauce, ketchup, etc.  The latter two will need to be synned.







4.  Overnight oats.
Easy as long as you remember to get it ready the night before!  Pop 40g oats in a bowl or jar (kilners look trendy but are not essential!), then add some yogurt and maybe some fruit.  I also add some milk and a pinch of salt and give it all a good mix up.  Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.  In the morning you have a delicious, creamy, oaty mixture that is gorgeous with some added fruit.
It's flexible, this one.  You can use flavoured yogurts (remember to syn them), spices (cinnamon is nice), add the fruit (could be from the freezer) before it all soaks . . . it's all lovely.
The oats are a healthy extra B and 125 mls semi skimmed is half an A


5.  Waffles with fruit and yogurt
The basic recipe is here.
The recipe (for one)  made five little waffles in my press (three for the breakfast and two for later to stave off the bad munchies).
The syrup is a drizzle of Squash'd' which is SW free.
The oats are one healthy extra B
And this recipe is absolutely delicious!









6:  Cooked breakfast
(aka 'full English')
choose from sausages (SW free ones), bacon medallions (all fat trimmed off), egg (cooked without fat or with fry light), baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms (both cooked with Fry light).
Add a potato waffle. toasted (Morrisons are two syns each) or some fried bread made by spraying a small slice of wholemeal for fry light and then popping in a hottish frying pan until browned and crisp.
(apologies for the dreadful photo)
Pop some of it into a wholemeal pitta or a wholemeal roll (one healthy extra B) for a different way of serving.
Syn any sauces you use.

7:  Boiled eggs and toasty soldiers
(the name has stuck since childhood)
What it says on the tin!  Have the toast neat (two small slices of wholemeal is one healthy extra B) or add some Dairylea (or equivalent) cheese spread and syn what you use.
Or you could use a wholemeal pitta cut into strips instead.












So there you go.  Seven SW friendly and very tasty breakfasts.

6 comments:

  1. A very timely and useful post. Thank you very much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure, Eileen. I hoped you would find it helpful.
      xx

      Delete
  2. All much better than just cereal, although I do mix oats and all bran together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I started, I thought of more but those are the ones I like the best.
      xx
      Do you make porridge with your oats and bran?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Waffles...yummy but only ever get them on holiday. I love muesli but you don't get a lot for an SW portion, so again I save that for holidays when I allow myself a more generous bowlful. Hard boiled egg sliced on toast is one of my favourite breakfasts, and right now I'm hooked on overbite grape nuts (done in the same way the oats).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the muesli thing - it's very heavy. I don't think I've ever had grapenuts - what are they, please?
      xx

      Delete