Saturday 30 March 2019

Saturday, 30-03-19

Good morning.
Yesterday went fine until the evening.  Ah, well, it's a fresh day today but it's all a bit of a struggle at times, isn't it?  :-)

I changed my mind about lunch and had beans on toast instead so I got my healthy extra B after all.

The chilli was lovely.  It was basically just a spice savoury mince, cooked long and low in the oven (because my parents don't have a slow cooker) and I had included onion, carrot, red and yellow pepper, mushroom, peas and mixed beans rather than just kidney beans plus a red wine stock pot, chopped tomatoes and various herbs/seasonings with garlic and chilli purees.  Oh, and I added a few oats to add thickness.  I suppose I ought to have synned the oats really!
It was a great way to make a lot from 250g mince - three good portions, seconds for one of us and enough left to freeze two smaller portions for Dad during the week.

Today's plans:
B:  fruit and natural yogurt or, depending on time/what's going on, I might make oat waffles instead.
SW free.

L:  cold meat salad
If there's no ham left I will pop round to Tesco to get some.
SW:  free

D:  roast chicken, stuffing, roasties and veg.
The chicken will be a skinless supreme which I will wrap in a bit of back bacon with all the fat trimmed off and then wrap it in foil and roast it before slicing.  I know from experience that it will be plenty for two when sliced.   The stuffing is some I made a few weeks ago and popped into Dad's freezer.  The roasties will be done the SW way and I'll do plenty of veg, something I've been a bit short of this week.  Probably sprouts and carrots.  I'll do a gravy for Dad but I'm just as happy without any.
SW:  totting it up. there will be a couple of syns for the stuffing and up to 3 syns for some cranberry sauce.  The rest should be free

And fingers crossed I will stick to it today!

2 comments:

  1. It certainly is hard staying on plan. That's why I know that I need to go to SW for EVER!

    "On plan when you can".

    ReplyDelete