Saturday 9 March 2019

Recipe: syn free coleslaw

As I have now found a quark that I don't actively dislike, I decidsed to chase up the syn free coleslaw from the wonderful (apart from all the ads - you have been warned) Pinch of Nom web site.
http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-coleslaw-slimming-world/
. . . and scroll down to the printable recipe 'card'.


I changed it a bit - wouldn't be me if I didn't, would it.
So the sauce was:
3 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
1 tbsp plain quark
1/4 tsp nustard powder
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and black pepper

and my additions were
a squidge of garlic puree
1/8 tsp stevia

Pile it all into a bowl and whisk to get rid of any lumps.  In a few weeks time I will cut the onion and pick some chives instead but they're not quite ready yet

Then it was the usual way - grate carrot, shred cabbage, thinly slice onion and mix it all together.  .

OK, it's nothing like the good old home stuff made with home made, drowning in oil mayo but it is tasty, light, fresh and I found it very acceptable in its own way.  It would also do as a salad dressing.
And syn free.


No comments:

Post a Comment