Monday 18 March 2019

Monday, 18-03-19

Good morning!

Final score for the weekend:
Joy  2 :  Nibbles: 1
It could have been a whole lot worse!  I was very tempted yesterday, expecially late afternoon which is my 'danger time', but I just kept saying 'no' each time I went into the kitchen and it worked.  The best food weekend at my parents' for quite a long time and a great relief.

Today's plans:
B:  some fruit
It's the easiest thing to have when I'm setting out straight afterwards - settles well but fills me up.
SW:  free

L:  broccoli and cauliflower soup
I have cauliflower and broccoli stems which I am certainly not going to waste.  I shall make a nice, creamy soup the usual way (boil onion, carrot, the stems and herbs/seasonings in stock, then zizz it all down and add milk ) and I will probably melt in some dairylea as cheese goes so well with cauli and broccoli.  It's an invention, sort of, but I know it will work.  It will make more than one portion but will do for tomorrow (busy morning tomorrow) as well
SW:  both my healthy extra As on the milk and the cheese spread

D:  two curries and a pitta
Last week I made a chicken balti (with lots of added veg) and a cauliflower, peas and potato curry, each using  one of the spice packs I have.  The balti was from JD seasonings and the other from Spice Queen on Chelmsford High Street
I froze them together to make five portions, each with two curries.  I know - putting things into the freezer rather than taking them out isn't quite the Freezer Challenge, but it made the food only one step away from being eaten instead of still in its raw state.
SW:  the pitta is my healthy extra B while the curries are free - and laden with speed.

Ss:  one apple, one orange

I've discovered Squash'd'.  You know - those little round containers of concentrated fruit drink that fit in your handbag and flavour your bottle of water - we've seen the ads!   They are sugar free and so low they count as 'free' on the SW plan.
I have discovered that a little squeeze flavours natural yogurt beautifully and makes a great drizzle for a waffle.
A very useful discovery!

2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, what a great idea to have the Squash'd on yogurt. Well done on resisting more temptations at your parents'. Have a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It's lovely to start the week off feeling positive! I hope your day goes well too.
      xx

      Delete