Friday 1 March 2019

Friday, 01-03-19

Good morning!
One and a half pounds off - woo hoo!  After last week's little gain, I'm really happy with that.  Slow and steady wins the race!

I'm off any sort of challenge over the weekend, starting the freezer challenge on Monday.
Today's plans are:
B:  yogurt and fruit, milk
I don't fancy anything too heavy this morning!
SW:  the milk will be a healthy extra A

L:  toast with cheese spread and maybe some marmite too; apple or orange
I won't have time to make a soup when I get to Mum and Dad's before lunch time so that will do nicely!
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese spread and the B for the toast.  Who needs butter?

D:  salmon, peas and potato waffle; melon
The usual Friday with my parents dinner - we all love it.  I will also have some light seafood sauce on the salmon.  Hardly gourmet but we like it!
SW:  two and a half syns for the waffle and the same for the seafood sauce.

Ss:  I shall try to stay off the snacks today to start the weekend off with a bang!

We have another Taster Evening next Thursday so I have to decided what to take.  I'm undecided as to whether to take a main of some kind or something dippy or even something sweet.  I might take a nice mixed fresh fruit salad and make some yogurt and strain it more than usual so it ends up really thick to have with the fruit.  The chicken curry I made yesterday was quite delicious and would be nice with some mini pittas that are only a third of a syn each!  I love the sloppy Joe pasta bake too.  And then there's those egg custards I made in the Instant Pot.
Decisions, decisions!

8 comments:

  1. Well done Joy, very pleased for you. Enjoy your weekend, hope everything is fine with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It was a great relief. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Afternoon Joy

    Brilliant news on the weight loss. As you say, steady wins the race. Have a good weekend with your parents.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your parents and try to have the odd walk to give yourself some peaceful space.
    The odd treat won't hurt either. It's hard to avoid sharing the odd nibble!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it were the odd nibble! ;-)
      I had a nice walk to Teswco this afternoon - and back with a heavy bag. Great exercise!
      xx

      Delete