Tuesday 19 March 2019

Tuesday, 19-03-19

Good morning.

Back home, back on track, back on the freezer challenge (that's what the 'f' means), fingers crossed and 'no' on autorun!.

Today's plans:
B:  cooked breakfast
That is . . . bacon, egg, home made potato waffle (f), baked beans (f), mushrooms, tomatoes.  I decided to have a filler with plenty of protein because lunch will be pretty late and I am usually too busy at pottery to have time out for a snack.
SW:  free - which doesn't mean calorie free, of course!  However, using a few sprays of oil keeps them down to a minimum.

L:  cauliflower and broccoli soup.
Made yesterday from two broccoli stems and one cauliflower stem, this was surprisingly nice with the milk and dairylea added.  Good and frugal too as it used items that people normally throw out or compost.  Having it again today means that I won't need to put so much of it in the freezer.
SW:  the milk and the cheese will provide both my healthy extras today.

D:  salmon (f), salad, butternut waffles (f), coleslaw; natural yogurt
I will bake the salmon with a splash of lemon or lime juice, wrapped in parchment.  The butternut waffles aren't really waffles, they are pre-cut lattices of butternut squash and are from a bag of them that I got on yellow sticker for 7p and chucked in the freezer.  I'd never pay £1 for pre-cut veg, however fancy!  The coleslaw will be carrot and cabbage with extra low mayo.  Plenty of speed in this meal.  I'll add some Squash'd to the natural yogurt for some sweetness.
SW:  one syn for the extra light mayo

Ss:  one apple and one orange, if needed.  I don't have any healthy extra B planned  but I reckon all that veg will more than compensate and if I get peckish in the evening, I have some hi fi bars and can have one or even two for my B

2 comments:

  1. Quite a few things from your freezer today, Joy. I save broccoli and cauli stems too, I cook them up and add them to Betty's food when I make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite pleased with how it's going - only small items but it all builds up!
      I think it's a shame that the stalks are often discarded - they have such a good flavour.
      xx

      Delete